3rd Annual Showdown Information

dancer52

I don't see why anyone is having ANY issues with payouts or costs. My understanding is that we have a track to race at, and we should be glad we do. I'd have raced in the ecos on friday night if I had enough money, but I don't. Not the track's problem. I'm very thankful to not have to drive to dallas or corpus or houston from austin just to race. I usually end up spending 200-300 a race weekend for a $20 check after my race. Some of you need to remember why you started racing. I guarantee it wasn't a get rich quick scheme.

edit - The 200-300 is at the asphalt track I race at right now, it probably wouldn't be as much to race dirt. Tires are about $50, gas for car and towing vehicle $60, Pit passes $90, Transponder rental $45, and add in however much you want for part failures. Last race we were lucky and the part only cost $8 from a pick-n-pull.

You forgot the food fat boy!! :-) The two of us usually spend another 50.00 each on eating because we're just too tired to fix anything at the house... Besides my understanding is a race car is just a hole in the garage you pour money into!!

Archived