dancer52

Below is some information for the 3rd annual Showdown

post-207-0-73087000-1413329933_thumb.jpg

Detailed payout and procedure:

post-207-0-60584500-1412897350_thumb.jpg

Below is a link to the detailed payout and procedure you can download:

3RD Showdown.pdf

Camping will be allowed at the track.

I will do my best to keep this topic as up to date with information as possible!

Brenda

Update 10/14/14 - Unfortunately Ken Schrader will be unable to join us. Flyer update to reflect that.

In line compared to what? The last 2 years was much better. I guess I will speak for the mods. This year, its $70 entry fee and $30 both nights for the pits. So that's $130 paid by each racer. We are racing 2 nights and here are the payouts. If 24 cars show up, 7th place pays $200, and 8-24 place pays the same $150. So if you finish 8-24th, you make $20 for 2 nights of racing. If there are less than 24 cars, 6th place pays $100 and 7-23rd pays $80. So you pay $130 to race and make $80 for 2 nights of racing.

So my original question was, since the track no longer has to pay Schrader to show up, can we either reduce entry fees/pit fees, or increase the purse? I think that's a fair question.

In comparison, I just raced at Kennedales 2 day show, I finished 10th place in the A feature and made $400. I also was paid $150 for the hard charger award. $550 not too shabby. Helps pay for the fuel to and from the track,($150) hotel room($100), alcohol for the race car(used 25 gallons so $75ish), entry fee($100) and pit fees($55). Made $550, cost $480. Made $70, enough to cover the trip which is all the racers want. Cant race for free or pay the track to come race there.

For this area and lack of major support its fair. You can always find someone with a bigger better deal. Until you start seeing standing room only stands and major sponsorship backing I wouldnt expect more. I could be wrong about Schrader but I dont see that being a big expense or enough of one to make a big purse difference. Less fans could be the end result of him not coming which is less income to work with.

Just like you and me, the track does what it has to do in order to survive. They need to pay the bills just like any other business.

Using social media to pressure tracks is very effective but the end result is rarely productive either for the folks doing the complaining of the track itself. You and I both know of several tracks simply locked the gates rather than going further in the red to appease disgruntled boo-birds.

Instead of expending time and energy bitching about the purse/entry fee, why not put some effort into obtaining sponsorship money from businesses that could use the exposure. We're all in this deal together. Why not be part of the solution instead of being part of the problem?

Nick

Well, sir. Your simple, legitimate question was fine. But when you didn't get the response you hoped for it turned into negative comparison with other tracks and an obvious pitch to increase the purse that ended with an implied threat to not show up unless the money was increased.

Again, I understand that social media can put a lot of pressure on tracks to "see it my way," but here at LSSZ we attempt to keep things as constructive as possible and direct folks with issues or complaints to talk with the track in private. On the other hand, constructive discussions on how we can all work together to better racing are most welcome here.

I know there are other sites and social media where one can beat a track to death if that's one's desire, but LSSZ is not one of them.

Nick

The only issue I see is that if we can't make it Friday night, it would cost me $240 for pit passes just for me and my family to get in Saturday

We thought about bringing the two mods but at $130 a piece for Saturday night it's not likely. let me know if you decide to go.

I am definately not trying to "beat a track to death" or "imply" anything. Im sorry you see it that way. After asking the question, a gentleman responded by saying that he thought the payouts were "inline". I challenge and disagree with that response by showing facts, not opinions or "negative comparisons". I simply showed a comparison to another track that also ran a 2 day show. It is a fact that the last 2 years were lower entry fees and better payouts. As far as getting the "response I want", I haven't received a response at all. Not once did I say that I wasn't coming if the payouts didn't increase. Its just a fact that myself, as well as others that I have talked to, are not coming due to the cost to get in vs the payouts. However, we would love to come race. Which brings me back to my original question. And I agree, I want "constructive conversations on how we can all work together to better racing. Which is WHY I ASKED THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE. I feel its a legitimate question aimed at bringing in more cars, which would be beneficial to the fans, beneficial to the track, sells more pit passes, more concessions etc... and helps the racers out as well.. Win Win.. situation in my book.

I along with what mod88s is saying. I think it is a very expensive event to enter at in comparison of other event in the area. I also think the payout based on numbers that show up is just unfair, It punishes the drivers that show up and support the track. The flyer should say, "$500 to win, If 24 modifieds show up $1,500 to win".

Question for the track: How many cars are locked in to Saturday A main from Friday program?

I agree with Nick on many of his statements. Bashing does absolutely no good. I do know Ken got paid good money to come race Abilene last year and I think...not certain he got paid to come to the show that got rained out. So yes, it does cost to have him show up.

I disagree with Nick on this topic though, it is not the racers responsibility to find sponsors for the track. Does the track prep my car, do maintenance, grind my tires, fix my trailer, fuel my truck pay for my tags etc? absolutely not. to ask the racers to do the tracks job is the exact reason racing in Texas is the shape it is in in my opinion. Too many promoters (in general, not calling any specific track out) treat racing as a Hobby...a second job and not as a money making operation. I will never criticize a track for making money...that's how they survive. But when they ask the guys putting on the show to find them sponsors, sell the tickets and so forth...well that's the problem.

CBS has done great things. They have world class facilities, paid well all year even in classes with poor car counts and listened in many aspects to what needed to be tweaked. The lack of response to Brads simple question is one of the main problems. We were asked to not call, text or Facebook Danny any longer, to use LSSZ for communication. I know of several questions (one of mine personally) that went un answered, then the snow ball affect happens. A simple response in a timely manner (remember, this was the tracks request, not Brads doing) would have killed this completely and Nick could have better things to do.

Race hard, Safe and remember to race others the way you want to be raced,

joe

Thanks for the support on the bashing issue, Joe.

And it's perfectly OK to disagree with my thoughts on what it will take to keep stock car racing alive in the future. As long as we all keep it constructive, I'm all for lively discussions.

Keep in mind that I have not edited or removed any of this thread - just stepped in when it appeared that the thread was about to go "south."

And I will give Danny a call to remind him that he said he'd use LSSZ to communicate with the teams.

Nick

CBS does have a very nice track ,but with it costing 4-5 hundred dollars to go race it does kill the fun we all want to have thats why we have parked our car all year and now looking at other things to enjoy .jacking up pit passes and entries dont help getting people to spend there money to go race .

try a hobby stock...about ten bucks a night for fuel for the car, my tires lasted all season....only took about 2 hours a week to get the car ready.....if cost is the issue...this is the class to be in....most people try running in a class they cant afford....and then cant afford to race....the racing is the same in the fender classes....just don't cost as much.

Will those fender cars save on my cost to tow there and my pit passes , I can afford to run if we wish but i have learned after all these years there is other ways to enjoy life, still love racing and will still make it to some.But more often now we will load the rv and go have fun with the grand kids

Cant blame the track for your tow cost....and pit passes cost about the same at every track I have ever been too...so...still not the track fault. Sounds like you just don't want to race...which is fine....have fun camping. Although, every time I go camping...it cost me more than racing....and the payout stinks....

I don't see why anyone is having ANY issues with payouts or costs. My understanding is that we have a track to race at, and we should be glad we do. I'd have raced in the ecos on friday night if I had enough money, but I don't. Not the track's problem. I'm very thankful to not have to drive to dallas or corpus or houston from austin just to race. I usually end up spending 200-300 a race weekend for a $20 check after my race. Some of you need to remember why you started racing. I guarantee it wasn't a get rich quick scheme.

edit - The 200-300 is at the asphalt track I race at right now, it probably wouldn't be as much to race dirt. Tires are about $50, gas for car and towing vehicle $60, Pit passes $90, Transponder rental $45, and add in however much you want for part failures. Last race we were lucky and the part only cost $8 from a pick-n-pull.

So if Im not going to race and just go watch, itll cost me 60$ just to get in to the pits Saturday night? Is that a correct understanding from this flyer?

And before anyone suggests to contact the track, i have...im not on the "quicky return call" list

Nobody says you have to get a pit pass..

Archived