Justin Oates - 3rd RACE

5StarRacing

Well, it was an event filled night!

Jason, Justin & my father-in-law worked on the car for the entire week. Replacing lots of sheet metal and a steering box, which had bent in the wreck from 2 weeks ago.

Justin ran some fast laps in practice. Including an unofficial 21.91. He only spun out one time, which was after that fast lap.

In the heat race, he started 2nd row inside. Which ended up being a bad spot. I am not exactly sure what started the wreck but 27 hit the outside wall bounced off and collected Justin's car. The entire right side of the car was damaged.

The steering box and ball joint, along with other items had to be replaced. Again, thanks to some great friends and other drivers & crew, Justin's car was repaired in time for the feature race.

Justin had to start last in the feature due to finishing last in the heat race. Which again prove to be a bad spot. During the wreck coming out of turn 2, Justin managed to avoid the big pile up and came to a complete stop. He started to roll thru the wreck, when another rookie driver #00 hit him. He brought the car to pit road, where they had to change a broken tie rod. Due to the long clean up the car was ready when the green flag fell. The rest of the main event was pretty smooth. Justin passed a few cars and finished 9th(un-officially).

We would again like to thank those who helped with the repairs.

Ervin Brieten, Homer Pitner, Flash, Jason Smith, Butch Bukowski, Beau Bukowski, Craig, James White and everyone that helped.

I apologized for forgetting to mention, anyone one else that helped.

Archived