Winter Racing Series Cancelled

NeilTPS

I-37 Speedway Winter Racing Series Cancelled

Pleasanton, Texas -

I-37 Speedway Promoter Joe Horne has announced the cancellation of the I-37 Speedway 2005 Winter Racing Series. The series was scheduled to start on Saturday, January 8. The decision to cancel was in deference to a duplicate series recently announced by Bellmead Speedway, in Bellmead, Texas.

In making the announcement Horne said, “I-37 Speedway wishes to not contribute to a conflicting situation within the Texas dirt track racing scene. Many drivers who travel to and race at I-37 Speedway reside in central Texas, in the Bellmead area. Given the fact that I recently learned that IMCA was willing to sanction Saturday afternoon winter racing at both I-37 Speedway and Bellmead Speedway, I thought it would be best for the racers to not have a conflicting situation. I didn’t want to see the two tracks competing for many of the same drivers. In my many years of organizing and promoting racing in Texas, I have always felt harmony between tracks is necessary. I regret the cancellation of our winter racing series, but I feel it is best for Texas dirt track racing ”.

The regular 2005 racing season at I-37 Speedway is scheduled to start on Friday night, April 1, 2005.

Additional I-37 Speedway information is available on www.I37Speedway.net

or call I-37 Speedway office toll free 800/377-1303 or call 210/532-5421

or call General Manager Frank Torres at 210/367-6261

and home depot and lowes are going to open on alternating days so they wont have to compete with each other for customers-lol- :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and I37 started the winter series-not bellmead-oh well -guess henry didnt want to drive to pleasanton when he can run waco on sat and stephenville on sunday-

You can thank IMCA for this. Bottom line is they had to sanction that day for Bellmead, knowing full well it would kill I-37.

Actually Tommy, Henry Witt had commited to run at I-37 and not Bellmead despite it being in his 'back yard' so to speak.

Personally I think it sucks big(edited by me before Nick sees it). I-37 had it's sanction money in and schedule posted weeks ago, I-37 started the Winter Series for IMCA points chasers, I-37 was not allowed to run against Bellmead in the past, now IMCA does this. B/S! :angry: I have long been a supporter and proponent of IMCA, but this makes me want rethink why.

having races cancelled for any reason is not good especially with short notice. but can anyone post some info on when bellmead will be running. i tried to look them up on their web site and it would not load. so if anyone could give some race info it would be greatly appreciated.

dale

Archived