2005 rules?

Guest RandyBorlace

Guest RandyBorlace

when will the roadrunner rules be ready?i need to know what all changes i am going to have to make to run with my car, it ran there alot last year, it is jason kelly's old # 5x nova will they basically be the same or are the dirt cars no longer allowed? need to know ASAP. thanks.

The rules are posted from last year on the SAS website. The rules are good from 2004-2006, nothing has changed. We will continue to run the 7 inch treaded tires that we have been using. As far as the I37 dirt cars I heard that alot was taken away from them to make them pure stock again so I don't know how they will match up with Roadrunners rule wise. Call Mike Sephic to confirm or if you are going to build a car just for SAS then your safe to use the current rules.

Guest RandyBorlace

well i am going street stock here at i37 so i can run my tires that we ran last year in pure stock, someone told me mike said street stocks could run RR with weight penalties for some things, i am not changing a thing, running as it was last with exception of the motor. ill gladly run occasionally with weight penalties for headers and other stuff.....

Guest RandyBorlace

with kelly in the car it weighed 3600 lbs. with me in it , it will weight 3700 or better, right now i dont even have a set of headers for it and i dont plan on wieght jacks, a ford 9 inch or a real big fancy motor. if i have to do somethings to race out there ill do it, i just dont want to jeopardize my points at i37. our new pure stocks at i37 are like grand stocks at THR, thats why i moved up.

It is interesting how many SAS drivers already know about this and will be registering their Roadrunner cars at I37 so they can run under the streetstock rules at I37 on Fridays and run with Roadrunners at SAS on Saturdays. If there is any truth to this rumor that I37 SS can run with the SAS RR's then we are back to a Kyle SS V.S SAS RR. The s*** is already getting out of hand and the ones who have no plans to register our cars as a I37 SS will get screwed because you can't put enough weight in those cars to make it an equal race. SAS will have plenty of Roadrunner cars on the track this year without having to bring in an upper class from another track to add car count. Why did I37 take away from the purestocks anyways?

Guest RandyBorlace

from what i heard they wanted to slow them down so a beginner could get into a car without alot of money. they took away our tires , must run 7 in. street tires and wheels, must put trunk floor in, cant gut the car too much, and 19 inches of vacuum. my car isnt gutted real bad, is heavy, is a true pure stock type car, no big motor, which we are now allowed, no weight jacks or sliders/shackles something else we are allowed, 8 in. worn out dirt tires, th350 automatic tranny, stock 10 bolt rearend, 12 gallon fuel cell quadrajet carb, stock intake, stock manifolds, stock heads. just the way it left oktoberfast. if we are outlawed from SAS for next year atleast allow us on our nights off in may and august and oktoberfast. dont let the street stock name fool you we are not kyle SS's.

well from what i heard is that they were going to allow the roadrunners to run 8" tires because the dirt cars already ran the 8" tires.........well the dirt track switched their rules where the dirt cars have to run the 7" tires now, so they just left the rules as they were for the roadrunners............as far as it getting out of hand rules wise that is nothing new...........the sportsman class used to not allow camaros in the class............the rules stated in black and white, no camaros.......well one guy brings out a camaro and instead of telling him to bump his car up or not run it, they told him we'll add weight to you and you can run it......well then half way thru the season they decided it wasnt fair to make him run extra weight so they let him run at the same weight as the non-camaros.........then another guy says, well he is running a camaro so i'll build one too.........now look what you have the whole sportsman class is pretty much going to be camaros...........the same thing is going to happen to the roadrunner class eventually..........the rules say no novas, but here we go again..........instead of inforcing the rules that are written they just keep changing the rules until it gets out of hand...............jmo doesn't mean sh** but oh well..........

I could see our SS run with the Sportsman but not the RR. I'm building mine to be legal at CCMS with the SS class and I-37 SS. There is a big difference from the purestock of last year to the SS. Heads, pistons, weight jacks, shocks, weight, amount of car gutted, trans, rearend. If your not running all this at I-37................................ might as well just run SAS RR or drop down to the new pures.

Guest RandyBorlace

well i am kind of running out of time now, jason will be running the car at CC on the 19th of february as a bomber, and i want to run the march race as a bomber, i might just go ahead an order my weight jacks, and headers and get ready for the 6th as a SS

Does anyone know how to reach Mike or Paul from the SAS? I need email addresses or phone numbers. With only a few months left to finish building cars, we would all like to know what rules to build from and what class from I37 will be running at SAS. It sure is funny how no 2 two people that I have talked to have the same thing to say about rule changes and what class of cars are going to be running.

Archived