GMS Racing Race Preview: Berlin Raceway‏

GMS Racing

Race Preview

ARCA Racing Series News and Notes

Event: Federated Auto Parts 200

Date: Saturday, August 09, 2014

Venue: Berlin (Mich.) Raceway

GMS Racing's ARCA Racing Series History at Berlin Raceway ... This weekend will mark GMS Racing's third start at the Marne, Mich. facility. Spencer Gallagher has two starts at the Berlin Raceway for GMS Racing. In 2013, Gallagher finished in 11th-place for the team at the track.

GMS Racing's ARCA Racing Series History ... Since entering the ARCA Racing Series in 2011, the Charlotte, N.C.-based organization has logged 57 starts, earning nine top-five finishes and 21 top-10 finishes, with an average starting position of 14.68 and an average finishing position of 14.28.

Follow GMS Racing, LLC on Social Media ... To keep up-to-date with the latest news, information and exclusive content, visit GMS Racing's Twitter page - @GMSRacingLLC and their Facebook page - www.facebook.com/GMSRACINGLLC. Also, follow Grant Enfinger on his personal Twitter page - @GrantEnfinger, and Like Grant Enfinger on his official Facebook page - Facebook.com/GrantEnfinger.

Catch the Action ... Race coverage for the Federated Auto Parts 200 will air live starting at 8:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, August 9, with live timing and scoring as well as the radio broadcast through the ARCA Racing Network (ARN) online at arcaracing.com.

Grant Enfinger

No. 90 Motor Honey/Casite, Allegiant Travel Chevrolet

This Week's GMS Racings Chevrolet at Berlin Raceway ... Grant Enfinger will pilot Chassis No. 201 in the Federated Auto Parts 200 at Berlin Raceway. This GMS Racing chassis has unloaded twice this season, at Salem Speedway on April 27 and also at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis. Enfinger last started this Ryan Pickle London-prepared Chevrolet at Lucas Oil Raceway on July 25, where he finished fourth after qualifying in 15th position.

Third Time's a Charm ... This weekend marks Enfinger's third appearance at Berlin Raceway. Enfinger has an average starting position of 6.5 as well as an average finishing position of 8.0. The Fairhope, Ala., driver earned his ARCA Racing Series career-first pole at the .4-mile paved oval in 2011. Enfingers last appearance at the track was in 2011 with team owner Mike Allgaier, where he finished third.

Eye in the Sky Grant Enfinger has a new spotter this weekend at Berlin Raceway, who also happens to be his GMS Racing teammate, Joey Coulter. Coulter, who brings quite the resume to Enfinger this weekend, as a previous winner at the track in 2010 will be his eye in the sky. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) driver has an average finish of third in two starts at the Marne, Mich. facility.

Where He Stands Grant Enfinger is in second place in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards driver point standings, 75 points behind the leader.

Sweet as Honey Sponsorship ... The No. 90 Chevrolet team will sport the blue and orange colors this weekend at Berlin Raceway, with Motor Honey/Casite adorning the hood and Allegiant Travel on the quarter panels.

Travel is Our Deal Where does Allegiant fly? Local Allegiant destinations from Berlin Raceway include: Flying from Grand Rapids, Mich. (GRR) (24 miles) to Orlando / Sanford, Fla. (SFB), Tampa Bay Area, Fla. (PIE), Las Vegas, Nev. (LAS), and Phoenix / Mesa, Ariz. (AZA); and from Lansing, Mich. (72 miles) to Orlando / Sanford, Fla. (SFB).

Meet Enfinger Grant Enfinger is scheduled to participate in an autograph session with the ARCA Racing Series on track from 7:15 7:45 p.m. on Saturday, August 9.

In the Rearview Mirror: Pocono Raceway ... Driving the No. 90 Motor Honey/Casite, Allegiant Travel Chevrolet for GMS Racing, Grant Enfinger started the 50-lap ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards ModSpace 125 on August 1 from the sixth position and finished 26nd after being involved in an early-race accident on Lap 13.

Grant Enfinger Quote:

I am excited to go back to Berlin Raceway with our No. 90 Motor Honey/Casite, Allegiant Travel Chevrolet. I have had much of my success at short-tracks in the past, and it is where I feel most comfortable. Berlin (Raceway) is also special to me because I had my career-first pole there, and I hope I can repeat that strong performance this weekend with GMS Racing.

###

Archived