Texana for Sale or Lease

texana55

I am posting this information at the request of and on behalf of Bruce Tesch.

"As many have read, Texana Raceway Park has recently closed the gates. We want to thank Ken for his efforts in providing a place for racers in the area over the last couple of years and also thank him for running the track for our family in 2010 and 2011. I also want to let everyone know that I will have the track for sale or for lease. For serious inquiries only, please contact me direct at 979-758-4440 if you are interested".

Please note that Bruce does not have an account for LSSZ. Any serious inquiries will need to be done thru a call to his phone.

Thank you,

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What is in South Texas that prevents Friday nights from working? It works all over the country, most recognize it at the first available shot at discretionary spending money. You would think that there are enough cars in the area to support the track on a Friday. Just a thought. Seems like everyone tries the same night and same approach with very similar results. Go figure. Wish the track would reopen as well. Fun place.

Not a lot of people get off work on Fridays so you limit yourself to the locals. A lot of people may use Friday night to relax after a week at work or do other things with family and such. Just been traditional for most of Texas to race on Saturdays. The only Texas track I can think of that is successful on Friday night is Waco. Texas Dirt tried and failed, think I37 did for awhile and changed back to Saturday. I am glad to see more tracks trying to work together on scheduling and rules and such, both surfaces. STS and SOS, CCS and CTS and even within towns like STS and CCS (granted CCS runs a limited schedule but tries not to run the same night as STS.) the Fall months Friday nights will never work in Texas because of high school football.

If they ever get that race going again, they should add late models to it. Aaron drove a late model for a pretty good while before he moved into modifieds. Kurt ran late models back when they called them super sportsman. Two good guys and drivers that are definitely missed in South Texas,

The track is in a great location and can be successful once again. But it will take someone with thick skin, good health and a nice stack of oil money who is willing to cooperate with the other nearby tracks.

Nick

Archived