Tire test today at TMS

Jason

I am hearing Greg Davidson was the first car out today at TMS and blew a RF and hit the wall hard. His car started on fire. Not totally destroyed but will need a new clip. Anyone have some more info?

This is true, the # 96 car right befor the middle of turns 3 and 4blew a rf tire, and hit the wall. His fuel pump was kncked off and the car caught fire. He drove it down in to the pits and his cew put the fire out. Greg seamed to be ok, was a little conjested b/c of the smoke. The car needs anew frnt clip from what i saw, and a bunch of electrical, lines, frot suspension, etc... GLAD GREG WAS OK, very hard hit. PRactice was then cancelled and no other cars were allowed on the track, thetire was sent off for inspection to examine if it was cut by trash or etc...

How many laps did everybody make before canceling test?

What were the lap times?

Any ideas about what is going to happen with the tires for the race? (Hoosier, American Racer)?

I have some photos from Jim Vasaldua of the test at TMS that I will be posting soon on the ROMCO racing web site. There were a few cars shown on the track, but not greg's trouble.

Kris Frost.

if a tire fails on the second lap of a run sounds to me like a major major tire issue or he ran over something

a little off topic, but what speeds are the ROMCO guys running at TMS with the restrictor plates and what would they run without the plates approximately ?

The only logical and defendable decision that can be made about the TMS tire is that they should run the race-proven Hoosier Speedway tire (same as last year). The practice on May 8th was advertised as a tire test, and the American Racer tire has yet to pass the test. Imagine the liability faced by Romco if they still decide to go with the unproven American Racer tire, and subsequently there are more failures and someone gets hurt.

I never got to go on the track, because of the wreck. Along with the 34 car, the 9 car made his 3 slow laps and was comming in to check to make sure he was not dragging anything, along with the 19 car. other than that i think greg chris and t wade were the only cars that got out there up to speed. fastest i heard they went was a 37.6 but not for sure.

Archived