Old Pictures of Young Faces

SASPEEDRACER24

The kid in the foreground in all these pics has to be Marc, better know as SASpeedRacer24. But check out photo #6, Marc! Had to go potty, eh? LOL

The # 48 might be Luke Griffen or maybe Pat Lyon..

The # 4 could be Terry Edwards..

And didn't Bobby Joe New of Austin run #37 ??

The # 77 might be Bill Constable..

The # 3 could be Fast Eddie Bierschwale..

And the #49 has to be Keith Reithmeyer...

Mostly wild guesses..

Nick Holt

OK, I'll jump in here and take a shot at a couple of them. But I bet ol' txtom will come along and know every one of them.

I'm going from a '82 program that I still have around here(don't ask).

The one that cements it is the #48 of Pat Lyon. The program had several pics of cars and that is Pat's right down to the crinkled rt. rear fender that is also evident in the program B&W pic.

The green and yellow #3(?). Nick I don't think B&B ever ran green cars. Most of theirs were red, white, and blue then. The program has pics of Eddie and Finger's. 5th place on July 24, 1982 point standings in the Limited LM division was #3 Chip Godfredson. Could that be Chip's????

The #4(?) with the primer over the second 4 on the door is Terry Edward's car, I am pretty sure.

The #77 might be Dick Mundee from down at Crosby. Used to come up here some. Don't have a pic in the program but I do know he came up here off and on. Until the night he put it on it's roof, then I don't remembering him showing up much after that. I seem to remember his numbers looking like that, even on the Nova he brought up in the late 70's. But it could also be Constable's. Not real sure.

I don't see any #37's.

BTW, the top 10 in the LM's that week??? Reithmeyer, Eddie B., Bean, Tommy Davis, Kelly, Menard, Greg Davidson, Rapp(Nick, were you with him then??), Finger, and in tenth......Ricci Jr.

Alright, Tom, come on and get us all straight.

Billy

Bill-

I wish I could name them all off, but they kinda have me stumped.

Like Nick, I place the photos about '83 or '84, and I only saw a couple shows during those seasons, as I was working in Japan. #49 is Reithmeyer, #48 is Pat Lyons like you said. But the rest have me stumped.

The #4 car is one of Bierschwale's old cars, but I don't know who was driving it. And you're right, Don's cars were red, white and blue. Finger sometimes painted them up in Austin. Probably kept a frame machine and paint booth open just for the race cars, with all the stuff they tore up back then!

That #77 might be Mundee, although I don't remember him running after he tore the one up at S.A. in the early 80's. It could also be a limited car, they had similar bodies to the late models back then.

#37 isn't Bobby New, by that time frame he was running limited sportsman type cars, and the photo is more like a charger.

I gotta admit lack of knowledge on most of these, but I was across the pond about this time.

I might dig up a car or two, and if I can figure out how to scan them, I will post them.

And don't feel bad about having an old program--You ain't the only one!

Guest RandyBorlace

does anyone have any pictures of my uncle Buck Borlace, also Marc, i was rummaging around behind my garage and found a part of a roof that said ken neal and also a sail panel from my uncle's car that says thanks to ken neal, maybe i will take a pic and post it for you.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived