ROMCO question

NickHolt

I read in Rebelracewriter's ROMCO report that a driver or two pitted for tires at SAS this past Saturday.

How are the new American Racing tires holding up at SAS now that the track temps are starting to rise?

Nick Holt

No problem at all. As a matter of fact, I started with the pressure way to low and thats why my car was only good on long runs. I was afraid of blistering the right rear.

it seemed like mark chrudimsky's tires went away towards the end of the race. He did pit on the last caution. But he also seemed to be running hard from the begining.

I think the main thing is keeping the tires on the car. If the driver can do that and not abuse them they should be ok.

From where I was at in turn 1 and 2 Mark was running the highest line of anyone out there Hooks before he broke was just below him and Brandon was about half a car lower before he passed him. After the race I did notice the two guys from Day checking the tire temps and everything looked good I winder if they checked Mark's tires. I have a thought maybe I am wrong, but wouldnt you want to check the cars that may not have finished as high to see how their tires did. How did Bradley's tires do? How did Mark's do? I talked to John kelly he said his were fine... Just wonderin...

Archived