Need help for weatherman in Corpus....

NickHolt

Alan has a 2000 Ford Ranger with over 100K miles. Had some alternator/battery problems last month and got them fixed.. or so we thought.

Tonight the thing wouldn't start. He said something made a snap sound when he turned the ignition key to "start" and everything went dead. After a few minutes of getting in and out of the truck, suddenly the cab interior light came on and the radio did too... So he tried to start it again, and again the snap sound and total dead electrics.

Then I arrived from San Antonio and tried to jump start it... A big spark at the positive battery terminal where I had connected the positive cable when the ignition was turned to start and the electrical system went totally dead. Then he slammed the truck door and the cab light and the radio came on nice and bright. Even the headlights were working. Tried it again and the same thing. A big spark at the connection and dead again.

What might the problem be? I bet it's the whole electrical system needs to be replace. I hope I'm wrong.

Where should he have it towed?

Who should do the towing? Anyone wanting to get a big thank you from a weatherman?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

nick that sounds like a possible ground problem ....i work 9 to 5 monday he can call me during the day 290.2096.and after work ill can either go check it out or tow it to my house not far from work and go from there ..if i dont answer i will call him back ..

Mike,

You were exactly right. I went and cleaned up all the grounds I could find and crawled around under to make sure every electrical looking gizmo I could find was tight and not corroded.

That did the trick. Went to Autozone to get the battery checked and it was perfect.

Put the battery back in and sure enough, it started right up.

I owe you a cheeseburger and a DP next time I see ya.

Nick

oh heck now i have to take my hat off ..swelling problem now ///...... thanks guys ...nick the food part i will except only if i dont have to show up in short shorts and you dont have to show up in the mini skirt in pink panties ...something sickly about that just the thought .yuck ....give that weatherman my number ... if i cant help i will get him some one who could may save you the trip down you know i know just about every one

Thanks again Mike..

I even got to paddle around Oso Bay for a while after we got it running.

Maybe I'll even stay another day and take in the Hooks Game - if the War Department doesn't have better plans for me!

Nick

Thanks again Mike..

I even got to paddle around Oso Bay for a while after we got it running.

Maybe I'll even stay another day and take in the Hooks Game - if the War Department doesn't have better plans for me!

Nick

nah the war department put out a memo with you fighting a ford battle for two days they thought you may pull a rambo and decided to give you a few more years off to recover ...one question was that dog paddling ....i am good at that and you can tell i dont have a floating problem. natural floating device...

Archived