Future of TRP.

TRP

Texana Raceway Park has been around for a long time. And I have been a part of it in one form or fashion over the past 20 yrs.

I picked up the track in 2012 after being closed for a year, and opened in 2013 last year with a dream and hope to keep racing here locally.

Last season was fun and exciting, although not a perfect year for a track owner. I had put many an hour into this place and many a dollar as well.

This year has been even harder. Pouring every drop of sweat and blood that I have into to keeping my hope and dream alive, the result needed just hasn't been there.

Of course, it would be nice to make money at this, but all I want is to pay the bills and make the payment.

But, due to very low car counts this year in numerous classes, and fan base being off just a little. It is taking a toll on me financially and personally.

It will depend on what happens the next race day, May 17th, as to the future of the facility.

I had big plans and events scheduled for later this season, but depending on the outcome, we will see if I can pull it off.

Thank you for your support!

OK.... let's try this again.

What ever happened to the "let's all pitch in and make this thing work" concept? Seems to me that Ken stepped up when no one else would to give us a place to race. But it sure is easy to find fault instead of doing our best to help the man out.

TRP is a great little track in a great location. What a shame it would be to see a padlock on the gate...

Nick

I don't know if one car will help, it can't hurt, maybe more will follow my led. If I can get all the damage from Saturday night fixed 48C pure stock will make a debut at TRP

Can't believe how quite it is on here today, no complaint's or that-a-boys. Well let me be the first to say way to go Travis in the 05 pure stock, this young man can drive a car and gave Ole Joe Snowman all he wanted, great race you guys, all the guys and gals did a good job last night of keeping it clean and fun. The 3 inches of rain the track received this past week didn't hurt a thing, hell Mickey Helm even got a free car wash in the limit mod main event thanks to the rain run off in the infield, don't know if got any of the mud off his car as fast as he went through it (LOL) good job everyone.

car count could've been better, roughly 10-12 in each class, some more some less. I hope it's enough for Ken to give it a little longer before he decides to call it off.

You're welcome Joe, I thought my buddy Daryl did pretty good in my car as well, for having not driven in 15 years. I just hope track can stay the coarse and we can keep racing at TRP. I have some great friends there, that can't make the trip to SOS, so I would hate to see them lose their home track.

Archived