street stocks at san antonio speedway

racerjim2

so they are thinking about bringing back the street stocks (now tsrs)............ok aren't these cars the same as the sas lm class..........so now there will be basically 3 street stock classes all using the same cars basically...........what the hell is point of that...........they are already complaining about not enough cars as it is, why create another class you already have.........where are the cars going to come from???..............just curious.........

The class will be the cars that were there several years ago. Basicly a stock chassis car not a TSRS car. There are many of those cars still out there not running at all. #7 #71 #17 #44 #40 #45 #58 #20 #12 #33 #24 #25 #22 #93 #96 #3 among others that setting in the weeds. They are allowed weight jacks and a/m bodies. Before the class was deleted this is the type of car allowed. These cars will not compete with the late models or TSRS cars. Out of these 16 cars none of them are running SAS LM or TSRS.

correct me if i am wrong, but the sas ss class of old was basically, a stock front clip with a tube chassis. after market body weigh jacks ect. motor rules may be different, but for the most part i think they were pretty close. now those cars you mentioned may be full stock frame with weight jacks and after market bodys. im going to go away now, since gunar has put his foot down.

big john

Hey guys

If RP is referring to #96 as my Late Model. My stock stub car is sitting as a backup for the new car. As for me not participating this year, it is strictly due to finances and a 3hour tow each way with $2/gal gas. I would kill to be there every race but its not in the budget and it is hard to solicit sponsorship when you know nothing about the city you race. I am hoping to make at least half the races next year.

I don't think another class is the answer. If car counts are suffering, more classes will dilute what already exists. Each problem is a catch 22. The only way to attract and keep fans is to have a better show. More fans, mmore sponsors, more cars, more money and I am not smoking crack :lol: ! One person mentioned nicknames and other things to give character to each driver to go with a car number. I think this is a good idea and with it build the rivalries instead of hiding them. SA is a big city, it is hard for the fans to know anything more about the driver than his name, car number and what else is printed in the program if he is even in it. It doesn't cost anything to add some color to the show, just some imagination and a good PA!

Todd Farris

#96 SAS Late Model 'proudly'

Those street stocks cars rpfan is referring to, cannot compete with the tsrs or the latemodels wheather it be at thr or sas, now these cars are just sitting ready to go without spending a whole lot of money Most are metric front chassis {stock clipped}. and they weigh 3200 pnds the heads are different then the sas ladmodels. they are in a class all by themselves they are in between a sas sportsman and a sas latemodel. there were once the largest class in san antonio, the reason why the class got killed, was somebody who used to race that class called someone on the golf course. that did not go very well. so they were gone, and thats that. It does make since to bring that class back, however I would rather torch my black # 6 street stock then race it out there, because basically my 25,000 car cant be raced anywhere. all because someone got pissed because someone else called him on the golf course. So in my opinion piss on that .Now that shows you they do not care about the racecar drivers. feel free to pm me if you want the full details. not trying to start anything here JUST STATING FACTS

what stoped the car count in this class was the pay it didnt pay enought to keep a car running even if you won every week 350 to win my god. the track did nothing to try to keep racing cost down. when i ran in that class coming from c.c. they did nothing to show me they wanted me there. 350 to win when 4 tires is way over that.ccmsis 500. to win on street tires that last way longer than hoosiors .sa if people with money by 4 tires you nedd to keep up. get my point??? curb down the expense.i love to racing at sa. but the money win does not comput.

i thought a fair amount of the street stocks from sas went to the now tsrs when they got shafted at sas.............the 57 chevy that ran street stocks is now listed with the tsrs drivers, the 44 went to the lm before going to tsrs..........the 3 was a sportsman for a year or so and then got sold and i think is now with the earnhardts, the 48 car is now with tsrs, i can swear the 7 car was bought by someone else and is now running either the tsrs or sas lm..............i know there are more that either got sold and turned into sas lm or tsrs cars but i know they are racing somewhere...............so i guess my question is if they do bring back the sas streetstocks, where will the cars come from........jmo

Rebel, every car # I posted is setting not being raced. The 57 which I didnt list is Steve Riggs. Yes he did run a few TSRS races but faired badly.The car would compete a lot better as a sas street stock. The 7 car is setting in the weeds off of sw mititary dr and has not been on a track or trailor since sas booted the class. As far as I know Damon never sold his street stock that he won the championship with. He no longer has his TSRS car unless he bought a new one recently. There are a lot of these cars out there. With the (demize) so to call it or lack of cars in the late model class it would not hurt at all to bring back the class that never should have been booted. Now dont think I'm trying to promote sas because I,m not. [edited out by Nick Holt, 12/10/04] I guess your answer is THE WEEDS.

lets see who i think would show up < Steve Riggs, Doug Forest, Dwayne M., Dave Edwards, maybe Ronney Smith, Kenny Hurley,Damon Bean,Terry Berson, and there is and old car for sale that Paul Lozano owns, Bill Rose, Dwayne Arrington, Jermey Hernadez, Marcus Bellino still has his car, To Name a few.

RebelRacer, I can Promise you there are no metric clipped tsrs cars, David Ewards drove his sas street stock in the first tsrs octoberfast race and got second, not because the car was better or even close to a tsrs because edwards drove his @$$ off.

It seems pretty logical to me to have a class that can compete with the Late Models, you know they can pimp the 7 late models they have show up then run the Super Street class with 4 cars, sounds pretty dang awesome to me.

It seems pretty logical to me to have a class that can compete with the Late Models, you know they can pimp the 7 late models they have show up then run the Super Street class with 4 cars, sounds pretty dang awesome to me.

I'm not sure where you are coming up with your car count figures, krusty. Those aren't the figures I heard from Mr. Sepich when we went over the SAS average car count data this morning.

Nick Holt

Archived