street stock race 4/5

Robby4

It doesn't.matter if flagman likes it or not he should always throw the green and if he doesn't like it throw the yellow when they get to the back straightaway. If he throws the yellow when drivers are firing off on restarts all yiu have is a big mess of wrecked racecars and pissed off drivers.

With the leader starting the race, you have less incidents of people jumping the starts etc... vs starting at a specific point (cone etc...) Reason being that once the leader takes off, the race is on. Don't have to worry what the car in front of, or beside you is doing or not doing. If they have problems or don't take off right away, its their problem and you are not penalized for passing them.

If he throws the yellow it should be for a reason. That reason should be moved back. The issue with the cone is there is no way to tell from the flagatand or scoring tower if someone passed or just took a different line. You have to remember on dirt everyones cars and drivers like a different line...nose to tail will never work on dirt.

If you put the cone out like Abilene and leave only one lane there is no way of passing or getting along side to pass.

This!

put the cone in the middle of the track, everyone has to go around it.

cone tied to a rope, once last car passed, reel it in. Just make sure the cone is out there before the green so drivers know where it is and dont check up.

If its a "leader goes, we all go rule", that opens up more issues (i really only pay attention to sport mods, so im speaking about that class). lets say 10th holds back and gets a big jump and goes to 6th in one turn. Should everyone hold back? penalized for gaps? it just gets complicated after that..

Doesnt really matter though, whatever the rule is, you'll win some and lose some.

I wasn't talking about passing...i was talking about staying nose to tail...as in a train like pavement. I prefer not to run the same line as the guy in front of me for obvious reasons, that doesn't mean i passed them, i'm just not nose to tail.

Joe

The "stay in line behind the car in front of you until a certain spot" method is the most workable rule from the officiating standpoint. And, obviously, the most visible "certain spot" is the start-finish line.

The issue of someone holding back or having a malfunction of some sort to hold-up always is brought up as the reason not to go with that method. But if that happens, then the flag man always has the option of throwing a yellow down the back side. And the Go Slow person should be sticking their hand out the window to warn those behind anyway.

Nick

Archived