Has anyone tried this?

KahneFan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a support class for arts JARTS...Junior American RaceTrucks ?

Great idea. And I nominate Aaron B. to be the JARTS organizer and race director.

Aaron, please let us know the purse structure and 2005 schedule as soon as possible. And please send me a set of the 2005 rules since my daughter will be 15 just in time for the 2005 season. Can't wait Aaron!

Nick Holt

Maybe we could have a seniors class...I dunno, how about FARTS?

Tween American Race Trucks Series

Teen American Race Trucks Series

&

Fogies American Race Trucks Series

HA! Y'all are great!

Really though, the 'younger' group would be cool.

P.S. In case you don't know what a "Tween" is Click Here. Your kiddo may be one.

Nick..... take a look at this set of rules..tell me what you think??? Sorry it took so long.. i had to work real long hours to not reinvent the wheel...

COMPETING MODELS:

Ford Rangers and Dodge Rams only. Manufacturers between September 1979 through September 1989, built specifically by Ford and Dodge.

Chevy or GMC's Series 1979 through 1993 (1994 - 1995 allowed with 2.2 engine only)

Standard cab, 2 wheel drives, standards or automatic transmissions with a 6' or 8' maximum bed.

Extended cabs may be used following the above rules with a 6' bed maximum only.

No unitized trucks allowed.

No four wheel drives.

BODIES:

All trucks must be stripped of glass, exterior lights, mud flaps, trailer hitches, plastic moldings and gas tanks.

Interiors must be completely stripped of all plastic, rubber or any other items that may be a fire hazard or cause harm from falling off.

The right side door and hood may NOT be gutted other than door handles hinges and locks.

The left side door must be gutted to accept drivers door bars.

Doors must be securely welded shut in factory location.

Floor pan must remain stock, maybe patched but not covered.

Front and rear fire walls to remain stock, dash maybe fabricated with quick release system using a minimum of 3/4 shaft and one universal joint minimum between steering box and fire wall.

Steering wheels must be padded.

All stock body panels associated with cab and bed will be on the truck with bed floors and tailgate remaining stock.

Tailgate must not be gutted except for the handle itself. Tailgate must be welded securely shut.

Gas filler caps must be welded shut or covered.

Bumpers must remain stock in stock location with no sharp edges.

Front and rear tow hooks or cables required.

No added weight of any kind allowed.

The stock windshield maybe used or replaced with 1/8” Lexan min. securely anchored.

Rear windows must be full size made of 1/8” Lexan only.

Beds may be enclosed, must be removable for inspection, no heavy materials allowed.

No mirrors allowed

FRAMES:

No tube frames allowed.

Framed must remain stock as produced from factory with vin # remaining on truck.

All trucks must have separate body frame construction.

Lowest point of chassis with driver is as factory produced from and match front with rear, to be determined.

ENGINE:

No turbo, Supercharged, Rotary or Multi-Port equipped engines allowed.

Carburetor and throttle-body injection engines allowed.

In the case of T.B.I. engines, the T.B.I. can only have one injector and the system must operate factory 5-7-p.s.i. of fuel pressure.

Throttle body and carburetor bore dimensions must remain stock.

Engines must be O.E.M. for year, make and model. Maximum 2.5L.

No-4 valve per cylinder - cylinder heads allowed.

All trucks with electric fuel pumps must have an electric shut off switches visible and clearly marked for the driver within arms reach while belted in the truck towards dash.

All truck engines must remain stock bore, stroke and compression + or - 15%.

Factory crank, rods, pistons, cams and cam followers.

Stock cylinder head may be machined for flatness not to exceed .010 removals.

No aftermarket high performance parts.

No porting, polishing or acid etching to increase intake runner volume.

Intake to head port match allowed only.

Roller cams accepted only if O.E.M. for year make and model.

Mufflers required and exhaust system must exit pass the cab's rear edge or further and must exit to the outside of right side edge if bed side.

Stock cast iron and steel flywheels and clutch parts only.

NO aftermarket parts or aluminum allowed.

All air cleaners must be stock and under the hood.

Emission systems can be altered. (Meaning plugged or rerouted)

Sealed factory carburetors may have needle and seat installation were applicable. For year, make and model respectfully.

All engine parts internal or external including bolt on parts must be for year, make and model.

Any part with part # removed or altered in any way will be illegal.

Engine wiring and any wiring inside engine bay, cab or under bed must be insulated and have grommets through any sheet metal access holes. Protection from heat and fire is a must.

Battery master shut-off switch, clearly marked and in working order recommended.

REAR ENDS AND TRANSMISSIONS:

No locked rear-end of any kind allowed.

O.E.M gear ratio.

Gear ratio must be registered with JARTS.

Transmissions must be stock O.E.M. for year, make and model.

Transmissions must be registered with JARTS.

WHEELS:

14” stock steel or 8 spoke steel wheels only.

7” max width of equal offset.

No wheel spaces or adapters allowed.

A tread width will be determined with a max width measured from outside to outside front and rear.

64 ½” could be the number we are looking for.

TIRES:

No recaps or studded tires allowed.

New or used 14" passenger car radial tires only. Must be same size on for all four corners.

All tires must be D.O.T. stamped.

70 series only. No 60 or 65 series with a minimum tread wear of 400.

SUSPENSION:

Front springs AFCO 5 1/2 x 12" 600 lb. only = Chevy and GMC only.

Ford and Dodge will be delt on a one to one basis.

Stock springs may have a 1/2 a coil cut off.

Height should be 12 3/4 - 12 1/2, we will have a spring to compare to.

Right and left springs must be the same.

Power steering highly recommended.

Front sway bar may be either 1" or 1 1/8" only.

Springs and shocks must be stock, left and right must match.

No heating or cutting of front springs allowed.

ROLL CAGE:

Doors may be plated with 1/8" plate max.

All tubing involved will be minimum 1 1/2" O.D. with a minimum wall thickness of .095.

Full four point roll cage required mounted directly to frame.

A minimum of one dash bar connected to the two front uprights and one behind the driver at the same height.

Five curved drives door bars minimum with a minimum of three on the passenger’s side of vehicle.

A curved bar must be installed in the center if the dash bar to the top of the roll cage halo.

Two pipes may extend from the front of the roll cage through the fire wall to a point just in front of the radiator to the frame for the purpose of securing one pipe in front of radiator.

Radiator must remain in stock location.

Two pipes may be run from the roll cage to the rear of the truck and secured to the frame within one foot of the tailgate.

An additional pipe may be added cross ways between these two pipes behind fuel cell.

These are the only tubing allowed outside of the truck's cab

Must have a foot bar.

PEDALS:

Brake and clutch pedals must remain stock in stock location.

Extensions maybe added if necessary but not to aid in moving the seat further back than needed.

A red lens brake light must be installed centered directly over the top of the rear window.

FUEL CELL:

There is a minimum of 8 gallons and a maximum of 15 gallons.

Circle track fuel cell.

Fuel Cell must be fully enclosed in a 22 gauge steel container mounted centered between wheel wells of truck.

Must be securely mounted to truck body, using a minimum of 1"x1/8" thick strap steel.

A minimum of two length wise and two cross wise bolted securely to the truck bed.

All fuel lines passing through cab must be enclosed in steel conduit.

Fuel cell vent line must have a check valve installed.

BATTERY:

Battery will be located to the right of center line of the rear window and to the front of the bed, fully enclosed and securely anchored.

PADDING:

All bars that the driver can reach either feet, arms, legs or any body parts must be covered with roll padding.

SEATS:

Aluminum racing seats only, Bolted securely with a minimum of 4 3/8" bolts and washers directly to roll cage.

Brackets may be fabricated from cage to seat, but must be done in an approved manner.

Seat mounting will be a major item on the safety list.

Window nets with a quick release design required.

BELTS:

Racing seat belts must be of the 5-point design with a maximum age of 2 years old and must have the tag intact.

Belts must be attached directly to roll cage using a minimum 3/8" bolts.

Belts also must be able to obtain the proper tightness to hold driver secure.

Helmet, fire suit and gloves are a must.

GENERAL INFORMAITON:

Age requirements:

1.Must be ten years old by January 1st, 2004

2.Must not turn 16 years old by October 1st, 2004

Prior to the building of these trucks, parents, crews and young drivers must understand this is a great undertaking and investment involved. It should also be known why we are starting this truck division for kids.

1.To allow kids a chance to get involved in racing at a young age.

2.To aid family and children a chance to work together as a racing team. It will truly be a learning experience for all involved.

3.Racing in this division is not all about going out on the track and just drive to win races. This division is being done so that younger people can learn from and help other younger kids and have fun in racing.

Rules are subject to change.

Maybe we could have a seniors class...I dunno, how about FARTS?

Tween American Race Trucks Series

Teen American Race Trucks Series

&

Fogies American Race Trucks Series

HA! Y'all are great!

Really though, the 'younger' group would be cool.

P.S. In case you don't know what a "Tween" is Click Here. Your kiddo may be one.

nascarbar

You spend to much time with the search engines. And congratulations!!! That was your 200th post!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I was just messing with him and he seemed to know it...I was serious about him going to work for Jon S so he could do something about his ideas...perhaps you should take your own advice...

I did figure as much. But in case not, as I said before, I don't take words typed on a MB to heart too much.

BTW, I did contact Jon and he will let me know if/when/how I can help. Thanks for the contact info and suggestion.

How about a class for "school busses"

HA! I've seen that. That's cool. I don't know about a "class", but maybe a once a year race or something like that. I don't think there would be much competition from other tracks for that one :lol:

TBucket,

I don't know if 108 is the answer, but the main thing I would like to see id the rules written in such a way that the classes are not always the following

1. Monte Carlo

2. Caprice/Impala

3. Camaro/Nova

From a fan's perspective that gets boring.

Why not actually write rules to favor Ford or Dodge for a year or two and see what happens. If they start winning all the time then maybe some people would convert and start running them. This is nor about expense or brand loyalty, because the bottom line is for every expense thing you add you can do something to lower it somewhere else. They do it all the time. Its just like that RTA thing. "Let's make racing affordable, but only if you run Chevrolet". Well the way most track rules are written, you might as well be saying you can only run Chevrolet, because they write the rules to favor Chevrolets so much that you can't run a Ford.

Although I will say that SAS is making steps to attract more makes.

Archived