We are racing on CTS opening night....

NickHolt

I had a long talk with Chris Saathoff who is part of the CTS management team yesterday.

The Legacys don't appear on the official CTS schedule, but Chris told me that we will be racing right after the NASKarts, just before opening ceremonies.

Due to scheduling restraints the Lone Star Legacys were not put on the Saturday afternoon practice schedule. We will be able to practice on Friday nights before the Saturday race dates.

I know this is not what we were hoping for, but keep in mind that we will have to prove ourselves to the CTS management team. As we all know, the Legacys were all but dead as a class until James and I decided to give it another shot.

In addition to the "squeezed in" dates at CTS, we have three dates at CC Speedway and are working on two dates at Harris Hill road course which is right down the road from CTS.

So... I know racers are always reluctant to make a commitment to run any class unless there is an iron-clad assurance that the class will be running a full schedule. I honestly believe that the Legacy class is one of the best bangs for the buck out there. We know of many Legacy cars that are just sitting around with their owners "waiting and seeing" what will happen. Not a good plan in my estimation.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how things are looking for this weekend.

On Friday,March 28, the Lone Star Legacys will be able to practice any time between 10 am and 10 pm.

On Saturday, March 29, the pits will open at 9 am. James and I plan on being there around 10 am.

Thanks to the good will extended to us by the Texas Pro Sedans, one half of our cars will be able to practice with the TPS cars in their 12pm - 12:10 pm slot and the other half will be able to practice with the TPS cars in their second practice, set for 2:10 to 2:20 pm. Be sure to stop by the TPS pits and thank those guys for sharing the track with us. And a special thanks to TPS Race Director David Mackey who graciously agreed to give this shared-session a shot.

We will have a Lone Star Legacy drivers' meeting at James Huff's trailer at 2:45. And also, if we are asked, plan on attending the CTS drivers' meeting set for 3:30 pm in the CTS drivers' lounge - if we are asked to do so.

We will run our 20-lap race immediately following the NASKart event which is scheduled sometime between 5:15 and 5:30. We need to be in line and ready to roll by 5:25 pm or whenever we are requested by the track - could be sooner, could be later.

Please keep in mind that we are guests at the track and we will comply with whatever requests are made of us.

Thanks.

Nick

Archived