Mufflers Required at CBS

xmod97

All classes of cars running at CBS must have mufflers. If you do not have mufflers you will not be allowed to run. If you lose a muffler you will be DQ , so put the mufflers on to stay. CBS also requires a RACEceiver or scanner. you must run a Westhold transponder, if you do not have one the track rents them. All drivers and Car Owners need to read the CBS General Rules and the Rules for your class.
CBS Tech.

Ok... I have a question. In the Imca Hobby stocks it clearly says mufflers are not required it says recommended...but not required. In all the other imca classes it says what mufflers to use if there is a muffler rule at the track. I asked Selby (imca tech) and he told me there required.....when I asked where it said that...he said general rules.... I have just re-read every rule on the imca site.... no where does it say that mufflers are required on a hobby stock. It is clear in all the other class rules that you might have to run a muffler. It is clear (to me) that you do NOT have to run a muffler in the hobby stock. Am I missing it...?

Anyone have an idea who I should contact at imca to get this clarified? I have applied for a license months ago but have not received it yet....and can not see anything on the site saying who to contact.

I know (well im pretty sure) that any travelling hobbys will not have mufflers....and if they know they will be disqualified then we will lose cars.... I did put mufflers on for the last race...and as expected...the car got louder... as it should with a 3" echo tip (or as some call them..."mufflers") installed....so..asking a car on stock manifolds to put a muffler on is odd in the first place...

"The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final."

This is straight from the IMCA Hobby Stock rules. At the very top of the page. The muffler requirements are a track by track rule. They are not mandated in any class by IMCA.

Archived