Tentative 2005 THR Schedule

THUNDER HILL RACEWAY -- KYLE, TEXAS

2005 Tentative Schedule (Subject to change)

Apr. 2 MAN Racing Promotions Track Rental

Apr. 9 Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

Apr. 16 Track Closed

Apr. 23 ROMCO (or whatever it will be called) - Street Stock

Apr. 30 Late Model (Tentative) - Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock - ARTS

May 7 Late Model (Tentative) - Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

May 14 Late Model (Tentative) - Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock - TAMS

May 21 Late Model (Tentative) - Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

May 28 MAN Racing Promotions Track Rental

June 4 Late Model (Tentative) - Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

June 11 Track Closed

June 18 MAN Racing Promotions Track Rental

June 25 Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock - TAMS

July 2 Late Model (Tentative) - Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock - ARTS

July 9 Late Model (Tentative) - Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock - ARTS

July 16 ROMCO - Street Stock

July 23 MAN Racing Promotions Track Rental

July 30 Late Model (Tentative) Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

Aug. 6 MAN Racing Promotions Track Rental

Aug. 13 Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock - TAMS

Aug. 20 Late Model (Tentative) Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

Aug. 27 Late Model (Tentative) Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

Sept. 3 Late Model (Tentative) Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock - ARTS

Sept. 10 MAN Racing Promotions Track Rental

Sept. 17 Late Model (Tentative) Hobby Stock - Street Stock - Grand Stock

Sept. 24 ROMCO - Street Stock - Hobby Stock - TAMS - ARTS

Oct. 22 MAN Racing Promotions Track Rental

Scheduling is yet to be confirmed with: Texas Dwarf Car Association; Allison Lone Star Legends; Lone Star Legacys; Texas Pro Sedans; and Mini-Cups

Why do all the LM dates say tentative? Is THR waiting on the TSRS schedule or is THR not running LM every week.

It could have to do with MAN renting THR and also running TSRS. Since a good majority of the THR LM's run TSRS (when possible), they may do like last season and agree not to run LM's when TSRS runs. However this schedule, unlike the last, will bring TSRS back to THR. Just my guess though.

As most of you know, Brian and Jim try very hard to cooperate, rather than compete, with other race tracks. Since the TSRS schedule is not final yet, he is listing each of the LM dates as tentative.

Also, please note that this schedule is not the final version. I am sure there will be changes, additions and deletions as the various series finalize their schedules.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

Hey Nick!

What exactly is the purpose of posting this schedule?

I mean, given that so much of it is still tentative, there are 5 other series yet to be confirmed and the darn thing doesn't even start for another 6 months.

Don't get me wrong here, I think it's a good thing to have schedule information as early as possible but it just seems as if this is a bit premature.

By the way, I don't think the 7 TSRS dates are likely given the series runs 10 to 12 events a year and SAS, CCMS, HMP and TMS will be likely have two or more events each.

It's not even posted on the THR web site as tentative.

Hey Nick!

What exactly is the purpose of posting this schedule?

I mean, given that so much of it is still tentative, there are 5 other series yet to be confirmed and the darn thing doesn't even start for another 6 months.

Don't get me wrong here, I think it's a good thing to have schedule information as early as possible but it just seems as if this is a bit premature.

By the way, I don't think the 7 TSRS dates are likely given the series runs 10 to 12 events a year and SAS, CCMS, HMP and TMS will be likely have two or more events each.

It's not even posted on the THR web site as tentative.

Brad,

Since he's my boss, I posted it because Brian asked me to! I'm sure he has his purposes. In light of all the recent rumors about THR it's probably a good thing to get this information out early.

I am just very pleased that Brian and Mary Ann were able to work things out for 2005.

Nick Holt

any idea when the track will start practices ?

I imagine there will be an open practice the Thursday before the track opens and other open practice sessions (especially on Thursdays) throughout the year. I need to get this confirmed by the track owners before you interpret this as a promise, however.

Some of the 2004 Thursday practices, especially later in the season, were very poorly attended. It would not surprise me if the track decides to have Thursday practice sessions only after a certain number of teams have signed up for a particular Thursday in 2005. As many of you know, it costs the track money every time they open the track.

Nick Holt

Archived