Some very good tire/wheel news for Legacy teams

NickHolt

James Huff has a rather large selection of used Goodyear Legacy tires that were legal last year and the year before that and is making them available to Lone Star Legacy members for only $10 apiece!

Although the Hoosier 10245 ribbed tire has been selected as the series tire, we are allowing the discontinued Goodyears to be used during the 2014 season since there are so many of them floating around.

James also has a large supply of used (but in good shape) Lone Star Legacy legal wheels for sale at $25 apiece. Some of the rims have Goodyear tires already mounted and he is selling those for $30 as long as you take both the wheel and the tire mounted on it. He doesn't want to have to dismount the tire.

James is making his supply of Goodyears and wheels available at this very low cost to encourage folks to get their Legacys ready for the upcoming practice sessions and the 2014 season. Compared to the cost of new rims and tires cost, James' deal is a no-brainerl!

Nick

Jerry Spencer, the Hoosier Tire dealer at Central Texas Speedway, tells me he has ordered 32 Hoosier 10245s as his initial order. If you want to reserve a set, Jerry's cell is 512-784-1192 and his email is jlspencer@austin.rr.com.

Jerry says the tires will be coming in on the Friday before our first practice.

Hope this helps.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. We had six Legacys at the first practice and several others are getting their cars ready. We know we have to prove ourselves before some will get their cars off the jack stands, but James and I are committed to running a fun, family-oriented series.

Nick

We're hoping that folks will see that James and I are serious about running a series that promotes wreck-free racing and family values.

We love sharing the setup and handling knowledge we have with others - one of our main goals. Should be a great series for those ready to move up from the Bandolero class or folks interested in a "racing club" atmosphere rather than a "win-at-all-costs" sort of environment.

Nick

Looks like it's all steps in the right direction. If you guys need any help while in Corpus let me know and I can see if I can't get some exposure at least. Think last year or the year before, there were a few Legacy's at the Hooters here during the morning/early afternoon hours. If an impromptu car show takes place I can probably round up a few CCS cars to join in.

Archived