question about general rules

We've never had to run one in classes where spotters and radios are used. Track personnel communicate the lineup and other issues to the drivers via the spotters.

For the classes that don't allow radios and spotters, the scanners allow the race director to communicate with the drivers to get the lineups correct more quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Newbie here. Might be a silly question but how do I know if the number I want to run is taken? Just bought a super stock and will be running this year at ctx. First come, first serve as far as registration? How does that work? Is there a driver/# list somewhere? 27 is my number from my other cars fyi.

Generally, when registration first opens up, numbers are held for people who ran them the previous season up until a certain date. After that, it's first come first served for the remaining numbers. You would have to contact the track to see if anyone has already registered 27, but I don't remember anyone running that number last year in that class.

Super Street Stock numbers registered at this time, 7,10,15,18,24,27,28,40,80,& 88. It is possible that there could have been another number or two that have been mailed, but I imagine most are going to wait until the first race to register so if there is a number you like Ryan that is not on that list it is fair game at this point.

Archived