Street stock rules

Street91

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not plan on making any changes to CBS 2014 Street Stock rules, because it would not be fair to our racers that ran with us last year and have cars built for this year. We have had our valve spring & head rule from day one. We allowed SOS cars to run last year but now SOS has changed their rules to shoot out rules. We will tech. cars by 2014 rules starting opening night. (our tire rule is 8" wide wheel with 8" wide tires, check our rules for tires allowed)

Jimmy

makes sense....always there to save the racer money....10$ for used tires that were competitive was way to good to be true...now we have to spend 460$ for a set of g60s... and allowing expensive beehive springs but not cheap large diameter springs....all in the name of expense... now I see why the rules meeting was rained out....

Clearly some of us are missing the fact that we have somewhere to race at period. Some tracks have been closing down. We all have rules we have to follow everyday. Although many we may not like. We still have to follow them. Every company, every track, everyone, everywhere has a different set of rules. And wherever anyone chooses to go or be at you have to go by the rules they set. Regardless if you agree or not.

Street91 I'm sure they would love to see you on the track. They just can't change the rules for everyone. They have to go by ones they set or otherwise the rules would constantly change with each person having their own opinions.

Hope you decide to come run.

CBS writer...I sent you a pm ...it is clear someone has a hidden agenda...and I will just agree to disagree....I was just hoping they would have allowed the shootout rules...it would have helped the track and the class...

im done with beating my head against the wall....I will plan to slowly change all my cars over to imca

Clearly some of us are missing the fact that we have somewhere to race at period. Some tracks have been closing down. We all have rules we have to follow everyday. Although many we may not like. We still have to follow them. Every company, every track, everyone, everywhere has a different set of rules. And wherever anyone chooses to go or be at you have to go by the rules they set. Regardless if you agree or not.Street91 I'm sure they would love to see you on the track. They just can't change the rules for everyone. They have to go by ones they set or otherwise the rules would constantly change with each person having their own opinions.Hope you decide to come run.

You mean like engine setback rules in purestock? Yea we can't be changing rules on the fly? Smh

No matter what I say you all twist it and turn it into what you all wanna hear. I think the past Joe should be left in the past. I was referring to 2014. Not 2013. I do believe that got resolved.

And no one should point fingers at anyone unless they themselves are 100% legit all the time. Period

Now AJ if you are referring to me. I do not have an agenda. I'm here only for each of you to try to get you answers to your questions or etc. So if you all wanna crucify someone, find someone else to blame. Cause I'm not here to cause trouble, or take crap. Which I've about had my limit of.I do not have to be doing this to try to help you all. I chose to do this for each of you. To get you all answers to your questions. Now if you need anything I will help any of you. Period. Thanks.

CBS writer, I think your missing what we the racers are all complaining about. There was no rules meeting, there wasn't anyone asking what the racers would like to see, nor givin a chance to speak up. Now that we are speaking up with truthful facts and needs, you are the one getting hammered. there's guys on here that have expressed they want to come from other tracks. I don't know if you've ever loaded up your equipment and driven 2-3 hours with your family.... its not always easy. especially the drive home after midnight. We would like to find a happy medium to add more cars to the street stock class and give people from all over, a chance to race there.

Street91. All I can do is take the question you ask and ask it to whomever it needs to be asked to and then post a reply. From now on I guess i will post under it, This is not my opinion but your answer. If it's my opinion I will also say so. How's that?

And if I can't get you an answer or you feel you want more of a answer, you can contact Jimmy the tech guy thru email . rules@cottonbowlspeedway.com. I think that's fair.

Let me step in here for a second.

CBSwriter is neither the rules maker nor the CBS track manager. This person has simply volunteered to post things here and on FB for the track since the track management team is pretty much preoccupied with the current facility maintenance and upgrades, which look very good to me by the way.

Several times CBSwriter has asked folks with questions/isses that need to be addressed by a decision-maker to bring them up with the track management. That's good advice. Bringing up the issues with the folks who actually make the decisions works a whole lot better than complaining a forum.

Yes, complaining about tracks and track management in public is a ton of fun for some, but what actually gets accomplished by doing so? Most of the time the outcome is that the folks who are getting blasted get defensive and the folks doing the blasting get a reputation as complainers rather than as folks who are genuinely interested in helping the track become a better place to race.

I appreciate the work that CBSwriter has undertaken for the track, but, please, let's not burn this outstanding volunteer out before they have a chance to grow a layer or two of alligator skin! LOL

Nick

You really should stop responding ( as should i) if you know so much about me...then you would know that i own a pure stock, a street stock...and a hobby stock..

So...all the rule changes really affect me....as for calling anyone....i was at the meeting last year....if you were there then you understand.

Lol @ alligator skin. Thanks Nick. And to whomever else I really only wanna try to help you all. So bare with me please. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

And AJ no you've acquired two I didn't know about. But anyway. Hope you have a great year.

Best of Luck to All for a great 2014 Racing Season.

Archived