Who will win this years Turkey Trot II @ I-37 Spwy

rebelracewriter

Modifieds---?

Limited Modifieds---?

Pure Stocks---?

Last year 15 yr. old Steven Whitaker jr. took the Modified checkers in only his 7th modified start. The 2003 Rio Grande Speedway Hobby Stock Champion, Whitaker jr. then went on to take the I-37 IMCA Modified track championship for 2004. Had the young gun, Whitaker jr., turned 16 before the start of season, he would have given Trevor Egbert a run for the IMCA Modified R.O.Y. title.

** Remember $400 has been added to the $1000 to win for Modifieds by Ray Doyon. $500 bonus if one driver can win at I-37, then take the Miller Modified Nationals the following weekend at Rio Grande Speedway**

Limited Modifieds will be a new addition to the show this year, so it will be their inaugural race.

Last years Pure Stock winner, the 2004 TOBA Series Champion, AJ Dancer will return to try for the repeat. Dancer is coming off a big win at the Texas Grand run at Houston Raceway Park Nov. 13th.

**Remember, Kelly Roofing has added an extra $200 to the Pure Stock feature purse for the winner. Wallace Backhoe has also added money for the Pure Stock to be distributed throughout the payout.**

It should be a great race.Hopefully there will be two grooves to race in.Last year it was a one groove dont leave the bottom kind of track.I know that Frank and his staff will do there best on that track surface.Steve drove his butt off for that win and with Lawrence tapping him every now and then to see if he would make a mistake.Lawrence was proud of Steve after that win,not only for driving a great race but for the fact that Lawrence had some input on that boys ability's.Also that smileys chassis was redone by Lawrence.It was going to be an asphalt modified.I'm ready to see some great Dirt racing.Lets get it on!

I am going to wish A.J. all the luck in the world but make no mistake I aint driving 7 hours from our race shop to finish 2nd. I look forward to not only racing A.J. who won but also my brother #48 Robert Danielsen who got 2nd last year. Get that weather under control down there so we all can have some fun!

Archived