Good Night of Racing

HoosierDaddy

I thought that was some pretty good racing last night. Any first time fans I think really got their money's worth, and hopefully got hooked and will keep coming back. Once again, Romco filled the seats at SAS. I just wish that Romco still had five races at SAS like they did a few years ago instead of just three. Did anybody see the right rear of John Heinamen's modified, it said "my hero is HOER". I wander if he was referring to the infamous HOER from the SA 360 message board days. And I guess Donnie Wilson bailed out on Romco???

LOL The old Hoer is still alive on the bashers101 site LOL

Your right on the great racing(BRH50-lol), Hoosier daddy and butts in the seats. Gee maybe those TV commercials DID draw more fans!!!!(snipe!) I think if they race five times/year it may be too many. People will start to say, "I'll just wait and see them next time." But who knows, it's just my (usually wrong-LMAO) opinion.

the SAS race was a good show all arround. As far as Donnie Wilson he finished 16th at Nashville with Southern-allstars. It don't think that he bailed out on ROMCO but he was really upset with them after canceling the Houston show last year. If ROMCO didn't have a race that weekend I'd think that you would have seen more ROMCO guys go to Nashville for that show. I know a bunch are planning to go for the cival war on wheels in October.

Quote by HORSEPOWER

Does anyone know what the attendance was? I remember the results page in the news paper use to have the that figure. Wonder how much was made at the gate.

The SAS attendance figures were simply estimates made by the reporter who covered the race, usually me. The track promoter, for whatever reason, would decline to provide that information. But I was told by one owner that if you filled the stands at SAS they could hold 5,000 people. He then told me that each person would have to be "snug" with the person next to him. Realistically, if the stands look full, there are probably around 3,500 people there. I would estimate there were 2,500 to 2,800 people in the stands on Saturday. The actual number of paying customers is known only to Mr. Mullins.

Nick Holt

Nick is right! If the stands were pack with each person sitting on 18" of bleacher, you could fit about 5,000 people. The reason promoters do not release attendance numbers in San Antonio, is because of sponsors. The attendance on a every Saturday night event is so low, sponsors may not feel like they are getting there money's worth. Promoter's like myself, let the media state the attendence number's and they were always better than what we would have had to release.

I would say 2600 in stands and 500 in the pits.

Mr. Hoer or is it Mrs. (who knows) is still around. I have a feeling he is a member of this site but keeps his mouth shut because he knows he will be banned. It is funny because he does all this talking but no one knows what he looks like. :) He can stay in the basement.

Jason

Robert Mullins deserves a big thank for the show that he put on. I think it shows that racing can still be a decent draw here in South Texas. This will not happen on a weekly basis, however I think each one of these shows puts a few more fans in the seats for the weekly series. This was a great shot in the arm for the racing community.

Archived