Prayer is Powerful

NickHolt

There are several LSSZ members who are firm believers in the power of prayer and I am one of them. As track chaplain at HMP, I have had the honor of praying with a number of HMP folks and would be honored to pray with anyone.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

Nick

I've had a few questions from folks about this prayer warrior section.

Question) Do you have to be a minister or anything to be a prayer warrior?

Answer) No. Our Lord has made it plain He wants to hear from His children. Honest prayer from the heart is all that's required to be a prayer warrior on here. I happen to be the track chaplain at HMP, but have no formal pastoral training for the job. The Lord uses me anyway in spite of all my shortcomings!

Question) I'm not very religious and don't even go to church very often. Do you have to be religious to be a prayer warrior? (or questions quite similar to that)

Answer) Nope. Religion has almost nothing to do with this. We are simply ordinary racers and race fans who believe that the Lord wants to hear from us with our prayers. Frankly, I'm not very religious either! But I know that Jesus is my Lord and that He hears us when we pray. We may not like the answer we get or we may not get the answer according to our timing, but according to His timing.

Question) I have said (or done, or whatever) things that I know were wrong and if I pray on here I'm concerned that someone will be calling me a hypocrite. (or concerns similar to that)

Answer) If it were required that we have to have a great reputation (or never fought, or cussed, or got drunk, or whatever), then I'd be the 1st to get kicked out of here. We ALL fall short of God's expectations. That's why we need a Savior and why I accepted Jesus as my Savior. There are several people here on LSSZ that could tell you some of the ways I've screwed up or done someone wrong in the past. Thank God that he forgives us all our sins and shortcomings if we confess to Him and ask His forgiveness.

I'm sure there are other concerns/questions, but those are the ones I've been asked so far.

Nick

I know first hand the power of prayer as I witnessed a miracle last summer. One of my sister's best friends had a brain tumor and less than a 1 in a million chance of survival. I visited this young woman with my sister once and thought there was no way she pulls our. Family was told to say their goodbyes and the doctor proposed experimental medicine with no guarantees. Her mother was the only one that didn't give up and a year later she's still here getting her speech back and working towards better mobility and walking again. Still a long way to complete recovery but still a daily inspiration and testimony to the power of prayer.

Archived