Races are cancelled for Sept. 21

Dear drivers and fans,

Unfortunately, we have made the decision to cancel the races tomorrow. I visited the track early this morning to find flooded conditions similar to the July Randy Rogers race. Additionally, the forecast is calling for upwards of 2" of rain today and through tonight ending sometime tomorrow morning. And, it started raining again while I was there. It is not an easy decision but I feel it's more important to notify y'all earlier than later. Most of you spend a lot of money transporting to the race not to mention your time. I would hate to have a bunch of teams show up only to cancel later. It is certainly unfortunate either way you look at it. It has also been decided not to reschedule this race at this time. If anything changes in regard to that, we will let you know by personal phone calls to each of you as well as postings on LSSZ and Facebook. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you in November. Take care and stay dry!

dear jim, it is very unfortunate that the races were cancelled this weekend. and for us that are racing for points and standings, some of us are very close in the standings and one race could make a significant difference. i believe that it just isnt right or fair that we cannot reschedule and make up this race. we have the whole month of october and also next weekend in which it could be rescheduled for. you may find that there will be quite a few drivers that will agree with me and a whole lot of unhappy fans, i know my fans are, they were looking forward to this weekend, thanks and take care

Archived