track condition

sm44

I haven't heard anything about someone else doing track prep. I would have thought by now that they would have found a happy medium to track prep. Like watering the very top and bottom to keep dust down but letting the main part of the track go dry. Last time track was that bad same results. Around 20 started and about 4 finished.

Yes, this past week I talked to the new gentleman that has started doing the track prep from the past month, at that point they had fixed the big water truck and he had really smoothed the track out, two weeks ago it was getting on track and the cut the dust down! I have no idea what happened this past sat.

Ill be at Killeen this weekend but I seriously think it's something that we should bring up in the drivers meeting. I know they're trying to cater to the fans and keep the dust down for them and I understand that but we have got to find a happy medium. If I was there this weekend I'd bring it up but I'm hoping some of you will. A lil moisture is one thing but slimey/heavy that turns into the Baja 1000 by A main time is another. I would think they'll work with us if we discuss it enough and bring it to their attention.

Archived