CTS Attendance

JRfan

Alot!

Don't know the exact count but it was packed. I've never seen so many people there. Pits were full also.

They almost filled up Friday.

The cool thing was the Randy Rogers Band fans showed up early to watch the races. A lot of them had never seen Stock Car Racing before. After seeing that show I am sure a lot of them will become regulars.

Alot!

Don't know the exact count but it was packed. I've never seen so many people there. Pits were full also.

They almost filled up Friday.

The cool thing was the Randy Rogers Band fans showed up early to watch the races. A lot of them had never seen Stock Car Racing before. After seeing that show I am sure a lot of them will become regulars.

While I hope so, don't be so sure. As I was standing in lines for food, I heard a lot of people complain about prices, the noise and misinformation (beer prices).

A few people with VIP passes came up to me in the tech barn after the TALMS race and shook my hand and told me that we put on one hell of a show. We impressed a lot of people Saturday. Yes there are some kinks that need to be worked out and it is nearly impossible to please everybody but all in all it was an awesome night!

While I hope so, don't be so sure. As I was standing in lines for food, I heard a lot of people complain about prices, the noise and misinformation (beer prices).

Let me get this straight. They came to Central Texas Speedway, to a stock car race with a LIVE concert afterwards and complained about the noise? Ya im not too sure they are the ones we need to worry alot about.

Cody said it best, there are kinks, but that is the same everywhere with all big events and not just racing. Cant please everyone. But the majority was pleased.

The BigShot 250s were pretty big. Not sure of the attendance. Its possible the Camping World West series that came several years back with the midgets (not sure what kind) had a bigger attendance. Both at CTS.

Let me get this straight. They came to Central Texas Speedway, to a stock car race with a LIVE concert afterwards and complained about the noise? Ya im not too sure they are the ones we need to worry alot about.

Cody said it best, there are kinks, but that is the same everywhere with all big events and not just racing. Cant please everyone. But the majority was pleased.

I agree. But I had one guy tell me he was expecting to pay $2 for a beer and ended up paying $8. Can you imagine the sticker shock? I've gone to a lot of different places on a budget and that would have been a huge deal breaker for me. The bad thing is he said he had never heard of the track before and liked racing; those are the people I would be concerned about.

Here is what I was looking at.. as we got deeper into the show I realized with the longer cautions and red flag time we were going to go into the time the opening act hit the Strait Music Stage.. It was my goal to then do all I could as a race announcer to keep the fans in the stands even when the music started. The new/music fans were pretty easy to identify.. Well I must say that with the great action on the track most people stayed until the end of the Late Model race and then went towards the music which was playing already. Great sign, drivers and crews you done good to get new folks drawn in. When TALMS raced I went around talking to fans... they loved the racing!

CTS does indeed use a capture system to help generate and maintain fans and get input as well. It was in full effect Saturday. The media and marketing team truly have it going on!!!

I haven't heard the numbers but I've gone there a long time and I agree this one here seemed to be the biggest.

I appreciate all of the support CTS received, keep it coming.. the best is yet to come.

A few people with VIP passes came up to me in the tech barn after the TALMS race and shook my hand and told me that we put on one hell of a show. We impressed a lot of people Saturday. Yes there are some kinks that need to be worked out and it is nearly impossible to please everybody but all in all it was an awesome night!

I've been to a ton of races at CTS over the years. The TALMS race had to rank up there with the best. It really did entertain the fans with all the action and just enough wrecks. (We all know fans like to see the wrecks)

OK... OK... enough with the complaints about beer prices... No one forced anyone to buy beer... Racing was great. Rodney was great, concert was great, stands were packed, lots of happy faces.

Why the heck get on here and bitch about the price of the beer? How long have we been waiting for someone to fill the stands, to fill the pits and it all boils down to a few who think the beer was too expensive.

Next one bitching about the beer get deleted.. LOL

Nick

OK... OK... enough with the complaints about beer prices... No one forced anyone to buy beer... Racing was great. Rodney was great, concert was great, stands were packed, lots of happy faces.

Why the heck get on here and bitch about the price of the beer? How long have we been waiting for someone to fill the stands, to fill the pits and it all boils down to a few who think the beer was too expensive.

Next one bitching about the beer get deleted.. LOL

Nick

I'm not bitching about beer prices; just relaying what I heard.

The $8 beer was a 24 oz. Just like buying a 12 oz. can for 4 bucks. So it isn't any different than a regular bar except you get to see racing and wrecks. And music, hot chicks and beer :)

You would mention chicks ;)

Probably the biggest grandstand attendance I've seen at Kyle in years. Don't know if the band was the draw or the Sport Mods advertising the big car count, either way it was a great night all around. Hopefully it was worth the CTS investment.

...and Rodney, you got the Super Stocks to show up!

Archived