Non points night and Rules

tuskhunter

As a standing rule at my track, we will allow a car to come run at my track one time with the rules package they have. If they return they must be legal to the rules of TRP. We have done this for a long time here and we enforce this.

The current driver has not been here before in that car, so as with everyone else, they were allowed to come and run.

We let them run in the closest class to our rules. There were no street stocks running Friday night. So he ran pure stock.

But if that driver wants to continue running here, they will need to be legal to our rules. Our tech man told them that.

Have a nice day everyone. And thank you for putting on a great show.

thank you ken this should clarify issue with this

not coming back this year going to race at sts this weekend with all manard racing cars will build a better motor next year an put a 450 lift cam in it the out come will be the same or better it will take less then 19 laps to get lead

It's like my cam grinder told me first time I called and was going to tell him what cam you were running and always winning with in your Camaro Tony. He told me he wouldn't run something just because front runner ran it. He said 99% of winning drivers are winning because of driving ability, not because they have strongest motor. I would be willing to bet that 99% of the people crying about 32 car could trade cars with that driver and he would still beat them. Just my opinion.

Way before the 32w it was the 186 but that was at the other track. It simply boils down to inexperience. They try to make up with the lack of experience by spending money. Well money doesnt buy experience and that leads to flusteration. I can sympathize because we have been there, might of been 30 years ago but thats what I mean about experience.

Experience and a good set up is the key. I remember when Tony first started back racing again he wasnt the fastest or hadnt had the suspension set up right. The day after the race the car was washed and ready to work on. Not a day went by that the suspension wasnt messed with tweaking and adjusting until it was. The motor wasnt touched unless it had mechanical issues. Three years ago Tony was winning races because of suspension i know this because when a handful of drivers dynoed their cars Tony had 70 hp less than the highest one dynoed. The proof was right there big motors dont always win. This theory was used on the 32 car and we worked on suspension suspension suspension. Granted the motor in the car is a good one and was 100% legal when built last year. On that note we did have track owner at shop told him what was in the motor before season started and he deemed it good.

Archived