MZone/TxSpeedzone meeting this Sat.

ChuckLicata

Hey gang..

Just an "official" reminder that EVERYONE is welcome to come out to the First MZone/Texassppedzone Luncheon tomorrow at noon at Champions Sports Bar, located on the ground floor of Rivercenter Mall in SA...

This is a chance for everyone to meet in person! I'm looking forward to it!

Please call me on my cell phone, 512-736-8230 with any questions or for more information. If he shows up, Rebelracewriter says he'll buy lunch for everyone! (right, Jay?)

And, listen to the MZone show tomorrow morning from 9-10 a.m. on KVET-AM 1300, or on the internet at www.sportsradio1300.com.

Hope to see you there tomorrow!

Chuck "Ted Danson" Licata

Funny I don't EVER remember saying that!!! Seems to me, since you're the host and making that six-figure salary that you should buy. I work for "Hill Country Wages", just a step above minimum wage. LOL Where the heck is this mall at anyway, or is that your way of keeping me from showing up? LMAO

Reb,

Just take Highway 281 (IH37) to downtown. Exit on Commerce. Head west (towards downtown). The mall is only a couple of blocks from 281. It's really easy to find! :o

Deb

Sorry I couldn't make it to the lunch, Chuck.. was at Kyle with the Pro Sedans.

How many people showed? Who paid? LOL

How many Hooters Girls did Reb show up with??

Nick Holt

Nick,

Sorry you couldn't make it!

We were a small crowd, but Rebel, myself, DebWill, Don Fowler and Big John were there for lunch. Not bad for the first outing! WE had a great time talking about racing...altho I noticed Rebel's eyes kept wandering over to the restaurant next door (yes, that would be Hooters!)

It's always good to sit there and learn things about racing that you never knew before and to get other perspectives on racing topics. I also learned that Rebel wonders "about some of my postings on Texasspeedzone.com." Geez, I can't imagine that I would post anything just to get a response--that would be a "media" thing to do, wouldn't it?

I would like to propose we have another "lunch" on Aug. 16th, the next time TSRS runs at SAS...Maybe we can get a couple more folks to show up, but I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday's gathering!

Oh, and I put in $20 towards the tab!

Later, Chuck L.

LMAO, Why do you think I sat facing the door, Chuck? I propose a different site for the next one. We all thought the service there was bad, 8 buck burgers are a little pricey. I'm not sugggesting Burger KIng either. LOL Somewhere a little easier to get to, without paying a parking garage. The traffic on the riverwalk, pedestrian and vehicular is maddening.

Nick, we all chipped in 20.00's. I still owe two bucks to everyone after we took some back out of the tip due to poor service. Chuck had to be rude to the waiter.LOL

BRH50, I was just window shopping. LMAO :rolleyes:

yall put in 20, shoot i made out like a bandit. I only dropped 15 lol. It was a good time, maybe next time somewhere else, and its hard for us racers to make it at noon on saturday when practice is supposed to start at 12:15. Unfortunately we didnt have the car ready, but it will be next time.

big john

Hey Chuck and ya'll,

Why not make it a Friday evening affair, like around 7:00 PM. That would give a bit more time for "socializing" and maybe have it at a local joint that can give us a room of it's own. Hey Jason, we could make this an "official" function of TSZ and could run the expenses thru you and get a tax wr__e off! Of course we could all "donate" to the cause.

Zoom,Chuck has his show to do on Sat. morning,I think the idea is to meet and then to the races Sat nite.Chuck,sorry I didnt make it.will do next time,I agre on a different place though,anywhere but downtown S.A.....Fastcars hang out at Shoneys on 35 works well alot. Just a suggestion.

Archived