saturday races

What's your definition of out of the area vehicle , the car has been racing SOS for the majority of its life

Good ? Bc i do not live in goliad...the track should answer that ? And comment on all this...and what really is my issue is why my lift was checked and no vacum was pulled...answer that ?

Well, I was hoping this would stay more or less about the rules and not an attack on a specific car or team.

I have deleted several posts in this thread that appear to be an attack on a particular car rather than a discussion about the relative merits of this rule or that rule or a combination of rules, etc.

So, I am going to ask that we refrain from singling out a particular car as being illegal or somehow outside the framework of the intent of the rules.

Thanks.

Nick

So what im reading here is the cam is the only thing that made this car fast. I beg to differ do not know what is in this car since being sold , but I do know the previous owner did his homework on handling. We have run a limited there with a farm truck motor placed 2nd twice 3rd once. when you do your homework put the time in with suspension work & handling its proven that horsepower will not win every time.

Well, I was hoping this would stay more or less about the rules and not an attack on a specific car or team.

I have deleted several posts in this thread that appear to be an attack on a particular car rather than a discussion about the relative merits of this rule or that rule or a combination of rules, etc.

So, I am going to ask that we refrain from singling out a particular car as being illegal or somehow outside the framework of the intent of the rules.

Thanks.

Nick

hey nick answer question give us your professional opinion if a car is running 480 lift cam in class that has 450 lift rule and another class has cam lift rule at 480 what would you do?????

hey nick answer question give us your professional opinion if a car is running 480 lift cam in class that has 450 lift rule and another class has cam lift rule at 480 what would you do?????

It all depends on what suspension differences there are between those two classes you mention. From my experience, I have learned that suspension and handling factors far outweigh minor (sometimes even major) differences in drive trains. On dirt, especially dry slick tracks, it is sometimes a huge advantage to be down on power when compared to the rest. But on a tacky long track, like SOS frequently is, engine stuff becomes a bit more important, but not so much that a good handling car can't overcome being down on HP compared to the rest. And, of course, driver experience/skill plays a bit part on dirt too.

But to answer your question, the answer is, "it all depends.... "

When I was at SAS, the Charger class teams all felt like they had to go out and buy very expensive cams in order to go fast. Once I pulled a motor and discovered the expensive cams, I made everyone run a cheap GM stock cam of a certain part number. Guess what. Every car that put the cheap cam in went faster! LOL...

Anyway, I don't mind rules discussions, but I do mind singling out a particular car to attack and I will be going back through this thread to delete a few more posts that seem to have the purpose of accusing a car of cheating.

Nick

You had 5 cars Saturday. Had you put him with Street Stock you would've run your heat race and gone home. I'd let him stay in the class. You're on a wild goose chase trying to find something illegal there (call it what you will, but he's legal by STS rules). Those races are being won Sunday through Friday at the shop.

Didn't someone ask Nick his opinion. Evidently you didn't read it. Camshaft builders can also build cams around setup & drivin styles. Where do you want the power? All it takes is dollars & that is what kills most classes & tracks

The 32W will not be back at SOS this year....maybe at havoc...thanks to all that have helped me and supported me....

Not bc of issue b/c other obligations....

And Thanks Tony...sorry Ive caused such an issue ...hope everyone got it all out tonight....

All's well that ends well.

Issues and rules are something I love to discuss here in the forums. That's what they're here for.

But attacks on who's cheating, who's dirty driving, who's this and who's that, well, Lone Star Speedzone is not the place for all that Stuff.

Anyway, I hope everyone forgives everyone else in the morning. In the meantime, if you don't mind too much, I'd like to get some sleep before the sun comes up! LOL

Nick

Ok i seen somewhere on here it drives by its self. Can i pick it up so Nathan can sit in the seat while it drives by its self? Dont be scared hes only 14!!

Bring me the money and you can find out for yourself.....

ask my passanger last night....how smooth the car is.......an upset car will never handle...ask the late model drivers about that one...

So if its all about the motor I guess thats why I went down to STS only driving the car once before and to be at STS on a dry slick for the first time ever. I placed 1st in heat and 2nd out of all 29 cars....

But then again its not all about the handling/not over driving the car, its got to be the motor....

Has nothing to do with what 32w has. Its more like what the rest dont have or lack of. Instead of getting better, faster more competitive they would rather spend their time crying and argueing about results. Who says it was .030 lift more? The techman? At what 10 O'clock at night after the races? You dont really know 100% maybe it was even more maybe it was less. Point is another good car and team sent down the road for something he could correct pretty easy if simply told to after the rules were clarified better. Obviously he is paying the price for something that should have been clarified better.

All's well that ends well.

Issues and rules are something I love to discuss here in the forums. That's what they're here for.

But attacks on who's cheating, who's dirty driving, who's this and who's that, well, Lone Star Speedzone is not the place for all that Stuff.

Anyway, I hope everyone forgives everyone else in the morning. In the meantime, if you don't mind too much, I'd like to get some sleep before the sun comes up! LOL

Nick

:):rolleyes::):D

hi nick

Cmon guys leave well enough alone already. The guy knows he cant show back up on a points night unless cam is changed. Geez yall are making a dang big deal for nothing. The previous owner knew what he had and didnt obey rules or lack there of. So what now the new owner gets to pay the price for what reason? 10 cars sitting a race out? Ya ok you proved a point. Cooter proved he can be run with at the beginning. But lack there of it was a good race and I believe cooter had fun. So quit crying and let it go.

STS RULES ALSO SAY STOCK GM CAMSHAFT, WHICH MEANS IT HAS TO COME FROM GM, MY WIFE RAN THIS CLASS FOR YEARS AND OWEN SAID IT HAD TO BE GM CAM, NOT COMP, ISKY, MELLING, LUNATI, SO ON, YOU GET THE POINT. I DONT KNOW IF ANYTHING HAS CHANGED AND I DONT HAVE A DOG IN THIS FIGHT, JUST PUTTIN MY 2 CENTS IN. KAREN JACK 2007 BOMBER CHAMPION

BOBBY JACK 361 510 1693

STS RULES ALSO SAY STOCK GM CAMSHAFT, WHICH MEANS IT HAS TO COME FROM GM, MY WIFE RAN THIS CLASS FOR YEARS AND OWEN SAID IT HAD TO BE GM CAM, NOT COMP, ISKY, MELLING, LUNATI, SO ON, YOU GET THE POINT. I DONT KNOW IF ANYTHING HAS CHANGED AND I DONT HAVE A DOG IN THIS FIGHT, JUST PUTTIN MY 2 CENTS IN. KAREN JACK 2007 BOMBER CHAMPION

BOBBY JACK 361 510 1693

i hope your not correct because that would be terrible to declare a rule package and not understand rules completely got to be another loophole somewhere (this will make it interesting now)

Cmon guys leave well enough alone already. The guy knows he cant show back up on a points night unless cam is changed. Geez yall are making a dang big deal for nothing. The previous owner knew what he had and didnt obey rules or lack there of. So what now the new owner gets to pay the price for what reason? 10 cars sitting a race out? Ya ok you proved a point. Cooter proved he can be run with at the beginning. But lack there of it was a good race and I believe cooter had fun. So quit crying and let it go.

yes sir its gone over we moved on PA PA ...

Yes I did have fun,I believe I even surprised a few people!!And Don't think I wasn't trying to win, Daniel can drive the wheels off that car, I know I had the best seat in the house to watch him.

Archived