saturday races

Like everyone says we are fast to complain about things now i want to commend the track on the good.

I would like to let everyone know that S.O.S. has made a great step in keeping the purestock rules equal and fair.

Several racers had expressed concern of how they felt rules was being stretched in this class and not being teched to keep from ruining class,however keith had checked cam lift and a car was found to be illegal.This is a start in right direction due to several cars not wanting to have to spend more money to try and be competative and cheat to race. This class had lost several cars that felt they would stop racing due to not being competative i would like to let everyone know that this track is doing what they can to keep this class alive. Due to find, i would like to invite all purestock cars back to track and start having fun again and come join S.O.S. IN RACING AGAIN WITH PURESTOCK several people asked for cams to be checked and money was put forward and track asked not for racers to spend their money to find if cams are legal they would check cars on their own to determine if cams legal or not this was done the cam lift rule is 450 lift max. So lets support this track in their finding THE best we can.

I choose to write this due to fact that i do get on here and voice my opinion when i feel needed so i feel this is needed now.

THANKS KEITH and S.O.S. YOU are doing what you said..

Also cooter that was great race you drove the wheels of that car the next race after flipping good to see you run strong..

...Also cooter that was great race you drove the wheels of that car the next race after flipping good to see you run strong..

Thanks Dewey, I was just trying to continue what I started last race, before the roll over, car felt good. I understand why several of the driver felt they should set out last night, but I am looking forward to them being back and have some close racing. I believe there are several cars in the class that are winners, and that's what makes it so much fun to bring your car out and compete. I know one night it will be my turn to take the checker flag and would like to do it with a full field of cars, we all have personal goals , and I'll admit mine is to race #9 as hard as I can, and hopefully come out the winner, just because I helped him build the car, and I know he is a hard driver, just like he and his cousin #33 have a friendly competitive thing going on between them. The track was great last night and I also commend SOS for checking to make sure everyone is following the rules of the class.

Lol...who was illegal?

that was reply from tech and from owner of track that #32 declared sts rules and lift was 480 lift and car would not be allowed back for points night racing unless cam was re teched and was 450 lift rule only allowed for non points races if you were told different sorry if this statement was incorrect..

that was reply from tech and from owner of track that #32 declared sts rules and lift was 480 lift and car would not be allowed back for points night racing unless cam was re teched and was 450 lift rule only allowed for non points races if you were told different sorry if this statement was incorrect..

I should have caught the drift about it being a set up on tech...the other cars sit out so they dontbhave to go thru tech...lol..

And yes i declared sts rules and passed tech with them....i do not run for points anyway. It also says that any racer can run any track rules for no points.

Anyways if I knew all this would have caused an issue and so much complaining i would have just stayed home. Also I have been putting up more money that I do not have to help build class.

I should have caught the drift about it being a set up on tech...the other cars sit out so they dontbhave to go thru tech...lol..

And yes i declared sts rules and passed tech with them....i do not run for points anyway. It also says that any racer can run any track rules for no points.

Anyways if I knew all this would have caused an issue and so much complaining i would have just stayed home. Also I have been putting up more money that I do not have to help build class.

There are cars with more horsepower and more straight away speed then yours Daniel.. they just don't know how to make the turn.. if they can ever figure out how to drive "around" cars instead of "through" cars they would do a lot better..

the bad thing about all this crying an keeping it cheap I can take that 50 dollar cam out get a custom made 450 lift cam for about 300 dollars an the car will be faster yet good point young blood

yes your right you can thats why everybody is wondering why did it have to have that lift of cam in it anyway to be that fast when you can do it with 450 lift cam.

...they just didnt bring car and park out side gate they left cars at home... Good luck with car..

Ok just really sketchy...left at home to see what happens....so are they going to check lift on all cars now? Its just amazing what all this has come to....

Anyways wont be back for a while so yall can all be happy....

But if anyone wishes to buy me a cam and put it in..ill allow....I bought a car that passed tech evertime and never was an issue and now that i have car everyone crys that im winning also...

Okay the rules read out of area driver, which I would interpretate someone not local to the area.

I was there when your motor builder swore up and down your motor was legal for SOS.

Why run bigger cam?

I have been told several times that 32 could beat me hands down by the driver and the motor builder because of there experience, then why in gods name would you run a cam that's not legal for that track.

been in racing for 4 years wen I first started racing I was getting beat bad every weekend by the 32 77 an 149 car went home an worked on handing week after week for a year then I won a race or two been running same motor for 3 years other then rule changes putting a 450 cam in that car will not change a thing that car has been tuned on for 3 years it drives it self

Ok just really sketchy...left at home to see what happens....so are they going to check lift on all cars now? Its just amazing what all this has come to....

yes keith said he will check all cars which is great this needs to happen also he will be checking more things to come i bet.This would of happened last year if track would of had tool to check.

Its is what it is...now yall know....hope all can be happy that yall know whats in my car....but only a few know why the car is the way it is...and for the record ive been in racing for 5 yrs and raced maybe total of 20 times...i grew up around racing not part of racing....and also for the record i have no clue about a motor/ whats in a motor/ or wth goes on with the motor....i have to pay to have my motors done....thats why im in this class bc it can sit on my trailer on jack stands and not have to work on it....i do not have a shop/tools or any type of racing tools...that is why i buy race ready cars hoping i can run up front.....thats my racing story...

the tracks changed the rules this year had 450 cam in it sold car hes running sts an sos why wood you want to tell ever body what your running u run the rules to the max an we found a loop hole an went with it he is running both tracks

From SOS rulebook: "Out of area vehicles will be allowed to run in the class it most qualifies for. They will be teched by their home track rules. Be sure you bring a copy of your rules for our tech man to use"

From STS rulebook: "V8's must pull vacuum no less than 15 at 1000 rpm" Nothing about lift.

Following the rules. He can't earn points, but is not outside of the rule book. I've watched that car run, and it gets through the corners better than any other car out there. A camshaft doesn't get you through the corner.

I do find it funny that a few of the other cars had something come up on the night they decided to tech that class.

From SOS rulebook: "Out of area vehicles will be allowed to run in the class it most qualifies for. They will be teched by their home track rules. Be sure you bring a copy of your rules for our tech man to use"

From STS rulebook: "V8's must pull vacuum no less than 15 at 1000 rpm" Nothing about lift.

Following the rules. He can't earn points, but is not outside of the rule book. I've watched that car run, and it gets through the corners better than any other car out there. A camshaft doesn't get you through the corner.

I do find it funny that a few of the other cars had something come up on the night they decided to tech that class.

What's your definition of out of the area vehicle , the car has been racing SOS for the majority of its life

What's your definition of out of the area vehicle , the car has been racing SOS for the majority of its life

I didn't write the rule book, so my definition doesn't matter. He's about half way between the 2 tracks, so that one can go either way. That's going to be an issue as long as you have mediocre car counts and have to rely on other area cars to make a class.

All I'm saying is the cam isn't making that difference.

thanks for quoting rule book remember it states run class most qualifies for so street stock cam lift says 480 lift that being said car should be in street stock class correct me if im wrong...

Archived