Oktoberfast WOW Race

kelyd13

First of all I want to Thank Amy Requilman #27 from Corpus Christi for making the trip to San Antonio to compete in the WOW race. It was her first time on our track and she raced a pretty mean race. We are trying to convince her to run with us in the 2005 season and hang up her powder puff shoes. This was my first year to participate in Oktoberfast and it was a very dissapointing night, once I scuffed the wall then blew a engine (in a borrowed car). But I did have a strong feeling I would of taken that race if the bad luck bug would not have hit me. Now I say that but I would have had to get around Carolyn Aramendia which would not have been easy. After taking a 7 year vacation from racing Carolyn did an awesome job and deserved the win! It was still a good night, made some new friends!

Now let's figure out what happen to all of the other women who did not show up. Supposedly there were going to be 4-5 cars from Corpus coming in but Amy was the only one to show up. We ended up with 5 cars starting and 3 finished the race. I know the fans are ready to see some more action from the women but that is hard to do when you have just a handful willing to do it. Ladies if you are interested in racing in the WOW next year and need some information, advice or help please let me know. We need to help this class grow.

Cindy,

I did not know you had surgery but I hope you have a successful recovery. I can say I still had fun and maybe next year you will be able to join us and Carolyn will be back and we can put on a good show for Oktoberfast. I would love to see Justin run full time in the TSRS but he will be missed at SAS on Saturday nights. Good luck in whatever ya'll decide to do.

I was there, and would have loved to run with you all. Especially Carolyn, as I've admired her from long ago and been wanting to race with her. I plan to continue to run at THR and TSRS next year. I would plan to run WOW at Oktoberfast too, if I could find a car to run. Anyone interested in letting me borrow one?

Teresa Gural #25

Kelly,

I think we are going to try to get a road runner together for Myself and Tator's mom to share in the WOW class. We told Tator that we wanted air conditioner though. He said it would be, no windows! I have never raced before. Kathy has raced powder puff back when Tator's dad raced 14 years ago. Sounds like fun.

You will take it easy on us, won't you? LOL

Mona

#29 SAS Spotsman owner

Mona,

We have a windshield and it does just that. It does get pretty darn hot in those cars so A/C wouldn't be a bad idea, actually we might get more women involved if we could run A/C's. Have Tator start working on that car so you will have it ready to go for next season. It is alot of fun and what I loved most about it was the friends I made this year. I got alot of room on my Christmas card list, the more friends the merrier. Let me know if you guys need any help or advice. I hope to see you out there next year.

Kelly

Ram # 9,

I was in a loaner car Saturday night that was lighting fast but after I had that little brush with the wall between turn one and two the car started acting up. Coming down the back stretch I felt a hard jolt and asked my spotter who hit me, he said I was alone and right about then smoke come pouring from the car so I shut it down and got pushed back into the pits. We think it may have ate up a bearing because the car did get hot in practice when it threw a belt. The reason I did not have my car is because when it ran in the roadruuner race the weekend before it started knocking so we thought we had mechanical problems. I was mad so I said I wasn't going to worry about trying to put it back together in time so we did not even pull the engine. It turned out to be the converter bolts came loose and was hitting the fly wheel. Damn my luck! I will say it was a very dissapointing night for me because I wanted to run that race really bad.

Papa:

That was a pretty darn nice thing for you to say. The feeling is mutual. From day one, everyone has just been so nice, helpful and welcoming. It really says something about the culture of the our town and the people involved in this sport. Again, I have had a wonderful time this year. This has been an experience that noone will ever be able to take away from me. Plus, it will be good "grandma drove a race car" material when my daughter gets older and has children of her own. :) More importantly, I hope we are sending the message to kids that they can be anything in the world that they want to be !!!

Kelly

Archived