Re-Treads

I've got 16x8 Duramax Al. wheels on my '94 Suburban and one of my E-Rated Nexans is coming apart. I'm on a budget but don't want to put used tires on the truck and would really like to either stay with a 265/75/16 or go to a 285/75/16. Ideally I'd just peel off a grand and throw some Michelins on it but that's not an option so I'm looking at other options. Treadwright Retreads in the size I'm looking for can be had in the right load range for less than $100 but if they're junk it doesn't really matter, anyone have any experience?

Don't do it . the retreads won't handle the heat. i know your not a big rig but the heat cycle on those little tires would amaze you. not worth tearing up your truck or trailer.

Thats kind of what I was figuring...this truck will spend some of it's time on the highway at 80-85 MPH (SA to Austin toll roads and SA to CC) plus some of it's time loaded right up or just over it 7k lbs towing weight and most of the time it'll have family in it so I don't want to take any real chances with it.

Archived