Track ?

rickr3w

Is the track going to be dry slick this weekend or back to a muddy heavy track for the sprint cars ?

lol...that is the question.

Here is my guess....they overheated the big water truck...so..unless they got it fixed....the little water truck is to small to make the track heavy. And, I dont think they got any rain....so...my guess is slick...(hopefully)

I would prefer it to be a little heavy for the sprint cars, i know you modified guys like it dry slick, but we dont. We can burn a right rear tire up in one race, like we did two weeks ago. I did go find some of our old tires that have about 50 laps on them and cut them so i have something decent incase it does go that way.

so last weeks dry was an accident...some of the best things have come from accidents. As far as the sprints needing a little moisture the track would only have to run them earlier in the program, yea it was slick but not Abileen or TTS sunday afternoon slick. just run the sprint prior to the sm and maybe ss? just a thought? I do want to thank the track for running the mods, early on they said no to the mods and i believe they have showed up and had the best car count each week or really close to it.

joe

so last weeks dry was an accident...some of the best things have come from accidents. As far as the sprints needing a little moisture the track would only have to run them earlier in the program, yea it was slick but not Abileen or TTS sunday afternoon slick. just run the sprint prior to the sm and maybe ss? just a thought? I do want to thank the track for running the mods, early on they said no to the mods and i believe they have showed up and had the best car count each week or really close to it.

joe

I didnt say it was an accident...I honestly would not know that....but...When I talked to danny he made a comment about how little water that truck holds...so..I made an assumption (I know)

As far as tire wear...to be honest...I had no tire wear that i could see...did anyone else?

Tire wear for us on a heavy to tacky track we can get 3 to 4 races on a RR and 4 to 5 on LR on a dry slick it is pretty much 1 to 2 on RR and 2 to 4 on LR. Your not comparing apples to apples when comparing a street stock to a sprint car, we are pretty much wide open all the way around the track. When it is tacky we can get a nice cushion up top and really fly around that place. Its doesnt really matter to me ill set the car up and the driver can drive it either way we just prefer to tacky lot easier on equipment.

Tire wear for us on a heavy to tacky track we can get 3 to 4 races on a RR and 4 to 5 on LR on a dry slick it is pretty much 1 to 2 on RR and 2 to 4 on LR. Your not comparing apples to apples when comparing a street stock to a sprint car, we are pretty much wide open all the way around the track. When it is tacky we can get a nice cushion up top and really fly around that place. Its doesnt really matter to me ill set the car up and the driver can drive it either way we just prefer to tacky lot easier on equipment.

if you say so....only been doing this 20 years or so....last I checked...a tire is a tire. Guess they have special tires for you guys...that wear the same at every track...well I learn something new every day.

All I was saying... is.. some dryslick tracks eat tires...some dont.

And I have a feeling they make harder tires that will last longer on dry slick....I am sure they do it for street stocks and latemodels...bet they do for sprint cars.

and..in case your unsure...yes...I am always a smart ass...I feel strongly that this is better than being a dumbass...and...my comments are not meant to be mean... but..as a lifelong smart ass...its hard to reply in any other manner. sorry. AJ

Maybe if the track continues going dry some of the guys looking the wrong way during the race could try and become a better driver, just a thought. I dont believe in a track having to maintain it to fit its struggling drivers. Anyway dry, wet or underwater real drivers still win and dont find excuses.

Actually...that's why lots of guys were facing the wrong way.. they tried to stay wfo on dryslick.

Archived