Invert 4-27... is it going to be used?

I watched videos only of the races and it looked like that races were lined up same as heat finishing order..

What are the rules going to be for this weekend? just so everyone knows and is on the same page at the drivers meeting?

oh no..an upset smiley face lol ....well..at the drivers meeting last week they explained why they did not invert. As to this week...bet they tell us in the drivers meeting. Man..I am glad everyone understands how easy operating a track is...lol I have a feeling if someone has the time (or the software) the track would be willing to let you help out and fix the lineups. Or...you could step up...like me and Leland have for several races and voluntarily start on the rear. Just saying. AJ

That's the problem a.j., drivers want to know prior to getting there what's going to happen. How many upset people were there because of the header change in the purestocks the week of the first race? How many sportmods were lost compared to gained because of the header change 2 weeks into the season? As far as a computer program to do lineups why? Tracks have been doing it by hand for years. Besides with all the money the track has a few thousand dollars on a program is nothing, Danny made no qualms about how much money they had at the groundbbreaking. Just run a consistent show and quit all the bs games with flipping coins, rolling dice, drawing cards or whatever else people come up with. Invert the heats, qualify the top 12, the rest to the back.

As far as the track surface goes, its going to take time to learn to work it. The soil out there is weird. If they would brush off the top during intermission(the top groove, all the loose chunks thrown up there ) it would help. I've offered advice before not only as a racer but as the owner of an excavation company and have been blasted in open and private messages they they knew more than I did and they didn't need my help.

I have changed my gears for Saturday and plan on being there. Just would like to know what's going to happen. See yall then.

Joe mod 444

Not sure why a track would say how the invert/how many cars would be inverted prior to a race weekend... That would probably just promote sandbagging in the heat races so drivers could start up front. If you are fast enough to pass cars why does it matter? I'm just thankful we have a nice facility to race at. Just my 2 cents...

Not sure why a track would say how the invert/how many cars would be inverted prior to a race weekend... That would probably just promote sandbagging in the heat races so drivers could start up front. If you are fast enough to pass cars why does it matter? I'm just thankful we have a nice facility to race at. Just my 2 cents...

The invert is on point average, not finish in the heat. But you have to qualify through your heat in order to invert, thus the heats mean something.

Anybody that does not understand how this works is free to call me 512-636-0528

Joe

This will probably confuse more than help but thats never stopped me before...from imca website

LINE-UP PROCEDURES (Unless otherwise noted, these procedures apply to all IMCA divisions.)

1. First night, all drivers draw for heats. Qualifiers redraw for starting positions. One heat – 5 redraw; two or five heats – 10 redraw; three, four or six heats – 12 redraw. NOTE: IMCA late models draw first two nights.

2. From second night on, heats are lined up by season IMCA point average, stagger inverted, lowest point average to front, highest point average to rear. New drivers carrying no point average start at the rear. Two or more drivers having no average or same point average will be lined up at discretion of officials. Point averages are figured from IMCA point system. Average is figured by driver’s track IMCA point total divided by the total number of times he/she has competed at track.

3. “B” mains are lined up straight up from heats with highest finishers to front.

4. When one heat is run, top five qualifiers will be inverted for feature lineup according to season IMCA point average. When two or five heats are run, the top 10 qualifiers will be inverted for feature lineup according to season IMCA point average. When three, four or six heats are run, top 12 qualifiers will be inverted for feature according to season IMCA point average. IMCA and promoter reserve the right to relocate a driver from an invert position to the rear of the field if deemed necessary for the safety and well-being of all involved. Remainder of “A” feature is lined up straight up from heats and/or “B” features. NOTE: IMCA late models – 18 or more cars will require at least three heats. (Half-mile tracks have the option of not using three heats until there are 22 or more cars.)

I wish all I had to worry about was if the track was going to invert the field or not. Hell I'd be happy with just getting back to a track. Go race CBS, some other track or stay home. Don't get much simpler than that. Like I said I'd be happy with just getting to race! SMH!

That's fine and dandy, I will race somewhere every Saturday night and some fridays, I talk to lots of people and probably more than a dozen times heard that if they got their program together they would try cbs...so its not about us worrying if they are going to invert...its whether or not they can get/keep enough cars to stay open.

how about something really crazy like put all feature starters in a hat and draw one out and that is ur new pole sitter!! award points or money for heat races or drink / food vouchers!! just trying to be creative and shake things up!!!!!!!!!!!!! weve raced their 4 times and own 4 cars

how about something really crazy like put all feature starters in a hat and draw one out and that is ur new pole sitter!! award points or money for heat races or drink / food vouchers!! just trying to be creative and shake things up!!!!!!!!!!!!! weve raced their 4 times and own 4 cars

Thank you. Any others?? Anyone, Anyone?

I would ask the fans, you want to watch follow the leader cause the fast guy started on front or some passing cause they had to work for it? With the rumors of tts closing I would hope cbs steps it up, going to be lots of cars looking for a home later this year.

If they plan on going imca, why not start doing it that way?

Otherwise, a random draw 3 or 4 row invert

Paint a big box like a domino and have a fan roll it down the bleachers

Raced there once and as a fan once

Moving from Houston to Austin so CBS will probably be my home track, I'd love to see it do well

Archived