Friday nights?

sm44

well looks like we could have at least 8 sprint cars this week there talking to some of the gator boys they said if everythign went all right they knew of at least 6 that were coming maybe a couple more. I'm wondering if last weeks showing had to do with it being easter weekend

well looks like we could have at least 8 sprint cars this week there talking to some of the gator boys they said if everythign went all right they knew of at least 6 that were coming maybe a couple more. I'm wondering if last weeks showing had to do with it being easter weekend

I think easter did have a big impact on the car count, another southern track only had 3 show up.

I'm hoping pure stock car count comes back up. Its a fun class. I'm putting together a second car. Hopefully that will help some.

I also think if the track ran every other week it would help car count some.

I think easter did have a big impact on the car count, another southern track only had 3 show up.

22 mods

18 sportmod

18 I stock

26 street stock

15 hobbys

That was Saturday night at tts, those are off the top of my head so may be off a bit, this was also the day before Easter, just think the other tracks running on Saturday night is hurting the count.

With the car counts dropping any thoughts to running Friday nights? Closest track Waco has been rough and I'm pretty sure you could get lots of cars on a Friday. Just a thought.

Joe

I hope they don't start racing on Fridays. I am an hour and 45 minutes from track and could not make it on Fridays.

With the car counts dropping any thoughts to running Friday nights? Closest track Waco has been rough and I'm pretty sure you could get lots of cars on a Friday. Just a thought.

Joe

I really think that its very early to hit the panic button on the car count. When the track considers running friday night they need to understand that a high percentage of cars that support that track travel 2 plus hours which would make it impossible for a lot of cars including myself to support them on Fridays. The track would be better served focusing there time on the getting the track surface consistant, smooth, and continuing to work on making the rules and race program run well. I have seen improvement on each of these things every night i have been to cottonbowl. However, there is still a lot of work to be done.

Michael Thompson

Mod#22

I honestly dont even think the track is even remotely considering Friday.... I have only seen one track make this work (HOT) and since there is not a local track running on Saturday...I cant even see a need. Sure it might help a few....but would be to hard on the majority. I also agree its way to early to even worry about this stuff... maybe in a few years if car counts have not increased....but certianly not 5 weeks into a new tracks beginning... AJ

Cotton bowl speedway made the choice to run on Saturdays for several reasons. With most people having to work Monday thru Friday, all kinds of high school activities and people generally being wore out by Friday night. It takes the fun out of it to try to get to the track after work on Fridays. Like Aj said the track is not remotely thinking of racing on Fridays. There has been several other things going on in the last several Weeks, spring break, south by south west, the renaissance festival, and a few other things I can't remember. We plan to continue to race on Saturdays, and continue to make improvements to the facility and racing surface. Scott Stubbs with Cotton Bowl Speedway.

the car counts will change from week to week simply because there are a few of us that have to pull from so far away we just can't afford to make ever week, like myself, we are bringing 3 cars this weekend that were'nt there last weekend. our goal is to make every other week, and i think there are others in the same boat....that's my 2 cents anyway...see ya'll sat...BAR-C out

Archived