Missing Longacre air tank.

Robert s

I'm missing a Longacre air tank, with the airchuck with gauge attachted and also a Longacre 0to60 psi air gauge. We left them by one of the power poles during the heat races, and intermission. after the races were over we to get them and someone has picked them up. I hoping just because they didnt want them to get stolen. Please contact me if you have seen them or would like to return them. Thanks

512-801-8692

The tank is easy to recognize, the legs are missing off of it.

post-8899-1364902900.jpg

post-8899-1364902937.jpg

post-8899-1364902974.jpg

I'm pleased that there are still honest folks around and that you're getting your stuff back Robert.

While there are always a few clunkers in every walk of life, I have found more integrity, more good will and more honestly in the racing community than you'll find almost anywhere else.

And people ask me why I bother to put so much effort into keeping Lone Star Speedzone up and running... Ha!

Nick

Glad to hear it! Since it turned out alright I would like to share a funny story (which I am rather good at).

In the late 70s tire pyrometers were quite expensive (unlike today with the electronics being so cheap). We were one of the only teams that could afford one and ours was always getting borrowed. We set up a table next to our pits (we had a corner stall right across from the scales) so guys could pull in, check temps, and hit the scales. Sometimes though some guys would just pop over and take it off to their pits, or to the scales which wasn't a problem - but during hot lapping when it was in high demand it could get frustrating when it wasn't there for a few minutes. So my Godfather Eddie Cardoza came up with an idea - we chained it with a 25 foot cabinet chain to the light pole.

One night after the main was done and there was no more need for it I went to grab it and it was gone - chain and all. We were getting pretty darn angry 15 minutes after the call went out over the loudspeaker when George Belman (one of the most humorous drivers I have ever met), approached with humbled look and a gear bag containing the pyrometer and chain - including the two inch lag bolt. He handed it to Eddie and said "sorry - I accidentally walked off with it". Of course the "spectators" that were aware of the joke had gathered first so it was a riot of laughter watching Eddies face!

Edit - @Robert - kudos. you could easily have been accusatory but weren't. Respect is earned!

Glad to hear you got your equipment back. We have "left" a few items here and there over the years, but overall most racers are hard working honest folks and we have had our stuff returned. We did have one bad outing to San Antonio Raceway (the drag strip), we had our trailer parked in the pits, ran my brothers car a few passes and came back to find that the ramps from the trailer had "grown legs" and ran off somewhere. Needless to say, we were not happy and we learned something about drag strip "Pit Rats". Looking forward to seeing folks out at SAS in a few weeks. Lenny66 B)

good to hear!!!! About 5 years ago, I accidently left a spare yellow rim and hoosier 970 @ I 37 and I wasn't too worried about it. But about 3 weeks ago I was installing a septic system in southwest bexar county and wouldn't u know the customer had a yellow rim with a 970 on it. the only reason I knew it was mine was because I wrote bad on it with a yellow tire pen.Turns out their brother picked it after, the races.....I thought that was pretty weird but funny

Archived