Ford 9'' A20 axle bearings

matt5858

Just installed a new left side axle with a new A20 axle bearing. I had to remove the inner housing seal do to the fat bearing retainer. The bearing is leaking between the axle shaft and bearing. It is NOT leaking between housing and bearing. Is this common? Car has sat for about a week and not moved. Gear oil spot was about the size of a quarter on the floor. The company told me to run it and see if the leak stops after it heats up and breaks in. Never have heard such garbage but maybe. What is yalls advive or have you ever had this problem? Thanks for any info.

Matthew

Just installed a new left side axle with a new A20 axle bearing. I had to remove the inner housing seal do to the fat bearing retainer. The bearing is leaking between the axle shaft and bearing. It is NOT leaking between housing and bearing. Is this common? Car has sat for about a week and not moved. Gear oil spot was about the size of a quarter on the floor. The company told me to run it and see if the leak stops after it heats up and breaks in. Never have heard such garbage but maybe. What is yalls advive or have you ever had this problem? Thanks for any info.

Matthew

When we were running these on our super stock, we had several issues with leaking bearings. The fix for me was to use an inboard seal from seals-it.

Archived