oil pressure issue

dancer52

I just had one come in yesterday, cam bearings were to the bronze and #7 and #8 rod bearings heavily scalded (will need to be turned at least .020) engine ran with 60lbs oil pressure cold and 45 at hot idle..... I second the loose clearances

I had an engine do that and the thrust bearing was worn out.

And that can be checked in the car with a dial indicator and prybar. Could pull pan in car and check some bearings. But keep in mind if you plastiguage - that does not show out of round!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, took a while cause i was not exactly sure what was going on....first off...I want to thank everyone for all the help...its nice to have help with odd issues like this. So...what was it?....well....luckily for me....it was to most obvious cause.....the gauge. I know I said i checked it....well...I did...just not correctly. I installed a used gauge with a different line, and ran it in the shop....40 pounds of oil pressure and would not increase....same as one in car. Well...I put my other motor in to run till i figured out the issue....well...that motor only had 40 pounds....odd huh...lol Put the first motor in My daugters car...and now it had 80 pounds at idle....got a new gauge for mine.....80 pounds..... in looking at the old gauge, it is loose inside the housing....so I am guessing when its on the track its shaking and making it read bad.....as for the gauge I used to test with....well...it was sitting on the shelf..and I have no idea where it came from...but...I know where its going. AJ

sorry, took a while cause i was not exactly sure what was going on....first off...I want to thank everyone for all the help...its nice to have help with odd issues like this. So...what was it?....well....luckily for me....it was to most obvious cause.....the gauge. I know I said i checked it....well...I did...just not correctly. I installed a used gauge with a different line, and ran it in the shop....40 pounds of oil pressure and would not increase....same as one in car. Well...I put my other motor in to run till i figured out the issue....well...that motor only had 40 pounds....odd huh...lol Put the first motor in My daugters car...and now it had 80 pounds at idle....got a new gauge for mine.....80 pounds..... in looking at the old gauge, it is loose inside the housing....so I am guessing when its on the track its shaking and making it read bad.....as for the gauge I used to test with....well...it was sitting on the shelf..and I have no idea where it came from...but...I know where its going. AJ

THANK GOD IT WAS A SYMPLE FIX.....

Archived