An idea that would be great

Jason

I would like to see ROMCO, TAMS, TSRS, and ARTS (lonestar) come together under one sanction kind of like what Souther Allstars do. They have 4 series under the SAS sanction. I think it would give the drivers more recognition which would mean higher purses and more sponsors. It will probably never happen but I think it is a good idea.

Well I'm still after that. I wanna run a street stock next year at Saratoga and my plan was to rig up a bucket I could use to slowly dump concrete on the track every weekend and by the end of the year we got a concrete track :)

Jason

I assume you're talking about simply putting them all under one sanctioning body, not about running them all at the same track on the same night. That might be a good idea. But there is nothing to keep any of them from publicizing what they do and who their drivers are now. If they don't do it now, I'm not sure what help would come from putting them all in the same bucket.

Yes that is why I said sanction. I agree that they could publicize alot more. If they had people who publicized them as a whole i think it would help alot and not all of the series can afford to hire a PR person.

I vote for

T.EX.A.S.

Lets call it the

Texas

EX treme

All

Stars

Of course if this new sanctioning body would startup I'd like to get royalties for coming up with the name!!!

Jason,

I really like the idea of placing the several independent Texas racing series under one sanctioning body. Of course, there are several logistical and fiscal problems, but they could be worked out given enough time and money.

But I suspect that since ARTS already is under a national sanctioning umbrella, it might be hard to get them to agree to fall under the tEXas sanctioning umbrella. And you forgot to include TPS in your package. And the Texas Outlaw Bombers and the Demo Derby guys.

Also, who were you thinking about putting in charge of this organization? ROMCO owner Robert Mullins seems like the obvious choice, but I wonder how eager he would be to take on all the additional responsibilities. Are you volunteering? If so, do you parents know about this??? LOL

Nick Holt

Last i heard is that ARTS is under its own "umbrella", they are not national anymore. And if this did occur, why wouldn't you want them to travel together and race on teh same nights. Four different series, Romco, ARTS, TSRS, & TAMS running on the same night would be a good show. Travel to Houston, Kyle, Corpus, San Antonio, and TMS (of course some of the series would have to run the road course at TMS), And if the San Antonio latemodels helped out and started traveling with us too, we would have a huge organization, and would definatley bring texas on the MAP. IM sure that some company would love to get that much pablicity, great idea!! ONly problem is that the crashing would have to stop and being on time would have to appear. A track that is nice, that woould be good to go to would be Kansas, trucks, modifieds run their already and that would pull some cars from all divisions into the mix. Its not to far, but just long enough to get more people involved.

Archived