Last night at HMP

Truckit

As the owner of Truck 52 I would like to set the record straight. Last night the live updates posted that truck #52 was disqualified in our heat race for being over on left side weight. We were not. We did not get disqualified. This has upset one of our sponsors as being "cheaters" We are not cheaters and never will be. There was a truck disqualified but it was NOT ours. Hope this sets the record straight.

As the owner of Truck 52 I would like to set the record straight. Last night the live updates posted that truck #52 was disqualified in our heat race for being over on left side weight. We were not. We did not get disqualified. This has upset one of our sponsors as being "cheaters" We are not cheaters and never will be. There was a truck disqualified but it was NOT ours. Hope this sets the record straight.

I meant to type #51 NASCAR BWFS Coke Truck, not the #52. Then when I looked on the screen to see what I was typing I saw 52 and knew that was Chris David so that's what I typed. I got it wrong, I apologize to the Chris David team.

The lights are turned off in the press box during the actual races to enable us to see the car numbers during racing events. The windows up there are heavily tinted and if the lights are on, it is very, very difficult to see the car numbers. And last night I let Debbie use my little light that plugs into the USB port so she could type the results from scoring...

Again, I apologize to Chris and his team. And, Chris, if your sponsor would like me to personally call them to apologize, I will do so.

Nick

Thanks for correcting the problem Nick. I know you have a lot going on during your live updates. Keep up the good work. I guess the question of the day would be why was the #51 Truck aloud to start in the second row of the feature when it was DQed in the heat race. I thought if you were DQed in a heat you start last in the feature. Just something to think about. Thanks again Nick.

Yes, we were "roughing" it a bit with the lighting situation. It was very difficult to see our keyboards. If we made a typo, it was hard to find the Delete key in the dark.

Anyway, it's a challenge for sure to get it all right. Sorry for stealing Nick's itty-bitty, tiny light! lol

Regarding your question about the lineup, it will need to be referred to HMP. Neither of us get involved in the lineups, racing decisions, etc. We just report what we see and what's given to us by the track.

Nick and Deb thanks for the updates. I was busy most of the evening but was glad to get home and be able to recap the nights action. Almost as good as being there in person! Keep up the great work. Look forward to working with both of you in 2013... You are both the cream of the crop.

Archived