no to sos cars

Chevy35

aj was going to come run with u this weekend but they said no because of tires dont think my tires are going to make up for our little hp

Dang it.... I will talk to them. The only reason I could understand it, is because it would be confusing.

Now...what I mean is....this will be the tracks first official night. I talked to several new street stocks over the last two playdays...and they were having a hard time understanding exactly what is legal. Understandable, considering these guys are new to the sport....and everyone is new to the track. SO....if they come out and see someone (especially a fast someone) on different tires...they might end up buying some and then find out their mistake later. Dont think this is realistic? This is exactly how I met Danny...he showed up to an outlaw bomber race with hoosier dirt bozz tires cause he saw some other cars running them (course they were in a different class...that looked like outlaw bombers) I ended up loaning him my spare tires so he could run.

I hope that we can work something out to allow SOS/edna and sts cars to run on their off nights. I wish this would have been brought up a little sooner so we could have more time to convince the powers to be... AJ

No dog in this but this is what I've done before..ask them to let you run, if you win they will only pay you up to x place money. Tell all competitors in the driver's meeting so all know this in the first place and up front. If you win by a lap then probably the last time its allowed, but for seat time and fun a good compromise.

Joe

No dog in this but this is what I've done before..ask them to let you run, if you win they will only pay you up to x place money. Tell all competitors in the driver's meeting so all know this in the first place and up front. If you win by a lap then probably the last time its allowed, but for seat time and fun a good compromise.

Joe

Also got no dog in the fight ... but promoters can require "x" amount of weight be added to the out-of-town racers who don't meet the current track rules & regs. When the racers return after their one time "grace race", they have to be legal. Back in the day, I was able to grow my divisions that way. Have fun, race safe.

I work with Danny on a regular basis. Danny will revisit this issue once he has another shootout race under his belt. We have been instrumental in getting South Texas Shootout, Shady Oaks and Texana together to allow street stocks and their rule packages to race at normal events and off weeks. The reason why they are allowing this is because the Street Stock Shootout has proven over the previous 3 years that the on track performance proves each rule package has good and bad within them. Nobody is bring a knife to a gun fight. Each package of rules has positives and negatives. Each track has top notch drivers as well and they have all done well at these events where all the different rules come together. Track conditions can help or hender a rule package more then any one rule. So its safe to say usually the home track wants their home boys to do well and usually will get the track condition best suited for them. Nothing wrong with that. Danny is unique in many ways. One he has a new track with only one race under his belt. He also has alot of potential cars to pull from in Waco, College Station and Houston. Any rule adjustments or allowance need to have those areas considered so he doesnt chase off those drivers before they even know what the shootout and street stocks in this area are all about. So after talking w Danny we will revisit this after the first shootout race but until then he has rules in place that will be enforced. Lets let him get going, run our shootout races then come back to this then, Thanks guys.....

Well...I just talked to Danny...and what I got was a definate maybe. He was worried about all the folks that he has told could not run 10 wheels (and tires) complaining. My suggestion was, Allow any REGISTERED street stock shootout series competitor to run their home track rules. And to explain this in the drivers meeting. So...from our conversation I belive you can run with us March 2... (I would suggest calling to be 100% sure) But to be honest...most of my conversation was about the sudden pure stock rule change ( I bet Danny is clear on my opinion....lol) so.... I would suggest calling danny... AJ

I think all these tracks that participate in the Shootout should just adopt one set of rules and all the tracks go by them, but from what I have seen all of the shootout races have been very competitive the way they are. I think Edna and Shady Oaks did a good thing letting the out of town cars run by following Shootout Rules, and the other Tracks should follow their lead.

Depends...are you going to run just a few times...or every week? are you going to stay 100% hobby stock legal?

I think if you are just going to run a few races at CBS then running one of the street stock shootout rules packages should not be an issue. But, if you are going to run here weekly...then go by CBS rules.

and...I disagree with your comment about wasting your money on a 2bbl I have won alot of hobby stock races with that 2 bbl...and consider it an advantage over a quadrajet....

If you cant see the common sense reason in why having more cars to compete against...then there is nothing anyone can do to make you happy. The shootout has proven that these tracks rules can run together and put on a good show.... if it wasnt such a nightmare in tech...I would not see an issues letting anyone pick which set of rules they want to run anytime.....but as it is....a single tech guy with 5 other classes to tech cant be expected to keep up with 5 sets of rules for one class....but, for a start up track....it would be just plain stupid to turn cars away with rules that have been proven to be competitive.

And...for this track to be around long enough to form a core group of locals...flexability is going to be a requirement.

I think all these tracks that participate in the Shootout should just adopt one set of rules and all the tracks go by them, but from what I have seen all of the shootout races have been very competitive the way they are. I think Edna and Shady Oaks did a good thing letting the out of town cars run by following Shootout Rules, and the other Tracks should follow their lead.

One set of rules...novel idea....but wont ever work. There are 50 states....how many have the exact same laws? Sure imca works in its area....why has it not caught on down here?

Local culture. That is the problem with being an individual....we will never all think the same.

I tried to get danny to adopt the imca hobby stock tire rule (for pure stocks)....there like 33$ each....You could buy an entire set for the cost of one of our current pure stock tires.

Yet...a ton of people complained....I am baffled as to why.... This is exactly why racers will never be able to adopt one set of rules. We all have different agendas and values....a local track has to adapt to the local racers... we can wish all day.....wont do any good....all the beauty queens want world peace....hasnt worked for them either.

Archived