#27 Pro Sedans

KahneFan

Thanks again for the quick response Kathy.

I guess it's kind of like in Cup racing, you always want the best for your "favorite" and although I don't know #27 ffom anywhere other than seeing him at THR, he has become my "favorite" in TPS :D

While it "appeared" that the #2 took out the #27, how does one know that the #27 didn"t slip a bit coming out of the turn? From the stands it is very difficult to tell exactly what took place and since it wasn't a "ram" or something totally obvious, Neil made the right call in my opinion.

Nick Holt

nascarbar

Thank you for attending the "Texas Stock Car Spectacular" at Thunder Hill Raceway and your comments regarding #27. The TPS portion of the event was regulated by Texas Pro Sedan rules (as it is at all tracks on the TPS schedule.

Texas Pro Sedans have observed the all involved rule for 29 years. At each drivers meeting (including Sept 25th) the rule is verbally repeated, as it was yesterday.

I regret that the rule negatively affected your favorite. Bill LaBarge is the only five time TPS Champion and is still very much in the running to win the TPS Championship again this season. He trails another former TPS Champion #70 Donnie Moore by only eleven points going into the last 2004 TPS race at San Antonio Speedway on October 16.

A "can't take the leader out rule" would be wonderful if there was not such a leaders option of applying a SLOW DOWN or BRAKE CHECK technique to the following car, which would dispatch his nearest competitor to the rear and re-install the leader back in front. The use of such a rule would also be unequal to the remainder of the field who are not running in 1st & 2nd should the same incident occur back in the race serial.

If the option did exist, it would benefit only the leader. Therefore, the all involved rule is the only protection of the entire field that race officials have to equally regulate and apply to all competitors in TPS races.

Neil Upchurch

Race Director

Texas Pro Sedans

after 27 went to the rear-he drove his ass off to get back to the front-good thing there wasnt 2-3 more laps-cause he was on a mission-even though he didnt win i enjoyed watching him race-good luck to the 27 in san antonio and your chase for another championship

With deference to Nick's opinion from his view

it wasn't a "ram" or something totally obvious
it was a hard enough hit to move the lower bumper bar about 2 inches.. In an otherwise extremely professional series such as TPS it was hard to see "high fives" exchanged by certain drivers after the race, presumably as a congradulations for the way the #2 "took care of business" on the track, without wondering how accidental that encounter was..

That said, the Oh Wow Racing #27 will continue to race clean for every position, realizing that our position in the season standings in a cumulation of all races for the season, not just this one.

In racing, as in life, we treat others the way we wish to be treated, with all the respect they earn.

Jack Foy

#27 crew

With deference to Nick's opinion from his view

My point exactly. Different perspectives produce different opinions on a good many racing incidents. While you may not agree with them, there may be those who saw see the incident from an entirely different perspective. Some might even call it simply "hard racing" or "a racing incident" or perhaps even somehow the 27 driver's fault.

And I trust you are not suggesting that the severity of damage to one car or the other should be the measure of which car is at fault in a racing incident. The damage you cite could have been inflicted during a brake check just as easily as the result of a "take out."

In any event, I was an entertaining race with the Fords, the FWD VWs and the BMW pretty evenly matched.

Nick Holt

Nascarbar, try www.texasprosedans.com

Nick, You are right, it could have been a brake check.. I don't see why anyone would brake check after they had just completed a pass and at a point on the track where they were under maximum acceleration to exit the corner but, I am sure stupider things have happened...

As you have stated before, the only two people that really know what happened are the drivers of the cars involved. All I know is it would not be the brightest move for the person second in points for the championship to brake check a person well back in the points they just spent 10 laps trying to pass clean. It would have been much easier to apply judicious use of the "chrome horn" to move him up a lane without causing a wreck or a yellow and go on.

But hey, what do I know, I wasn't behind the wheel...

Jack,

I wasn't trying to make a case that the 27 was brake-checking. And I wasn't trying to make a case that the 2 car took him out. All I was trying to do was to give an honest answer to an honest question about the "all involved" rule. As you say, neither of us were behind the wheel of either car and I certainly am not attempting to place blame for the incident between the 2 and the 27.

Sorry if my response was misinterpreted and best of luck as you wind down the season.

Nick Holt

OK I do not want to steal anyone's glory, but with all this being said

no one mentioned the #6 car. I truely believe he would have won the race

he was fast and smooth all day. The #2 and #27 are fast cars but I feel

the # 6 was on a quest and it is sad that a mechanical failure stopped him.

It is nice to finally see some strong competition among all the makes and

models ,but it is also nice to see some different names up front also.

just my thoughts :D

Archived