nuetral safety switch?

Double D racing

ive got a frontrunner that has an issue that i know its gotta be simple.hot freshly charged battery,turn the key to ON position,you can here power towards the motor but motor will not turn over,fuelpump not coming on, etc...i can put a jumper wire to the starter,it turns over fine but does not ignite....we tried moving the shifter in all positions and nothing....anybody??? The last race it was in it ran fine ,has started several times since then..any ideas ?? :blink:

If wrong here I am sure I will be corrected.

The n safety switch does not control the fuel prime cycle. The two problems being together tends to make me think fuse or relay first wire second...

I'm no expert but our mini has a fuel cut off in the trunk area that goes off if you get hit to hard. We bypassed ours cause a few thought it was funny to try and trip them last year. It kinda was. Either that or a fuel relay would be my guess if its not getting fuel. Fuel pump is a possible as well. Like I said I'm no expert

If wrong here I am sure I will be corrected.

The n safety switch does not control the fuel prime cycle. The two problems being together tends to make me think fuse or relay first wire second...

whats that(first wire second...)

My use of the english language lacks as proven by my grades in school.

Fuse or relay is first possibility.

Broken or shorted wire is second possibility.

Probably VATS/PASS Key issue. We had to buy a new/used ignition switch and key. With the steering column pulled apart looking at the ignition switch. Does it have two wiresoff the backside of ignition? If so make sure they are connected all the way (they are not cut anywhere) You are using ignition switch correct with Key ?

yes.....still using original key....

I think I misunderstood the original problem, I thought you were saying it would spin but wasnt getting gas. Now If I understand it wont spin the motor without jumping the starter and even then the motor wont start...correct?

At least that narrows it down.

Simple thing first....is the ground still grounded?

ok...it does not ingage starter,we triedjumping the starter,i can get the starter to turn,but no fire

I go back to what I said above. It is most likely a VATS/PASS Key issue. We had this problem on another car Jeremy built. You could run a wire to the starter from the battery and it would crank. I by-passed the fuel pump relay and it would pump fuel. All along not having spark.

Somewhere I have the google searches I did back then but need to get on another laptop.

Google year, make, model along with PASS Key. If You don't find anything then change PASS Key to VATS and try searching.

Have you verified the tumbler/switch to see if you see the two small wires I mentioned?

Archived