HB Bailey Getty Photos

hbfan

I am looking for publicity photos of HB Bailey. I have found several Getty images on the Internet that do not have the watermark, but I am looking for a few more. Samples are attached. Getty wants $800 each for these which is total foolishness. I am very willing to pay something for them, but not that much.

If anyone happens to have good quality images please contact me. They need to be able to be enlarged to about 8 x 10 and still have good resolution. They are for my personal collection.

Two of the attached photos are from Speed Week at Daytona in 1967 and 1968. I am not sure about the third.

Thanks very much.

G. Bade

HB Fan

post-14522-1357906812.jpg

post-14522-1357906824.jpg

post-14522-1357907060.jpg

i know thers some good photos of hb on this forum i think in teaxs racing history mabe about tws iam sure nick holt can help you gettys can keep theirs as far has i see good luck

• 4 months later...

Houstonian H.B. Bailey was a regular participant in many Texas Race of Champions events in his familiar #36 Pontiac Firebird, which was pictured above.

In 1977 H.B. won the second Texas Race of Champions event at Texas World Speedway.

In 1980 he also won the first companion race held in the spring which was called the Texas Grand Prix. His Pontiac Firebird bore #96 for that event because by rule, an official #36 entry from another competitor preceded Bailey’s.

H.B. - May you R.I.P.

Neil Upchurch

Former Race Director

Texas Race of Champions at Texas World Speedway

Just hope I helped the guy out with his bucket list. Getty prices are a bit ridiculous. Salute!

HB was aces in my book. One of a kind guy. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since he passed.

I don't remember if it was in '71 or '72, but I met with Ed Hamblin and H.B. Bailey at Meyer Speedway to take some publicity photos of H.B. with one of his cars that he had trailered in for the session. I printed up only one copy, per Ed's instructions, and gave them to him the next week - I had kept all my negatives for years and years but I finally got rid of all of them maybe 15-20 years ago, so Ed had the only copies of the photos, and I have no idea what he actually did with them...

Otherwise I would be happy to post them for all of you, but alas, that can't be done...SORRY!!

• 4 years later...

HB Bailey ran the initial IMSA Camel GT race at TWS in December of 1971. He raced a 1970 Pontiac TransAm (which is still around in Vintage racing), which was in the NASCAR Grand AM pony car series. Due to a very small field of sports cars, John Bishop decided to include the NASCAR pony cars in order to grow the field. However, two NASCAR pony cars hit together in turn 2 on the first lap, and it took 2 hours to clear the track In the meantime, it began to rain. SOoooo most cars had no windshield wipers, and dry race tires. this led to chaos.  About half way through the race, my friend Geroge Eby was jousting for position with Bailey in the horseshoe and both lost it and went into the mud. Bailey's car went through he passenger side door and into the Lotus Elan. George was uninjured, but his car was trashed and both cars pitted for repairs. Bailey retired because of visibility. George's crew repaired his car with duct tape and he continued on to finish several laps down.

TIS 1971.jpg

Archived