Promotional help needed

thumper

Heres the deal:after haggling with buth tracks,STS and RGS,it is understood the Thunder cars at Rio Grande Speedway and the Sport Compact cars at South Texas Speedway are going to be similar enough to race at both tracks.Also its aknowleged that both tracks are allowing anyone to race one of these cars.The cars are basically stock but no restrictions on brands or drives.Heres where help is drastically needed...

I know there are many racers who have quit the sport because of finances.I know that ALL tracks want more cars in the back gate.I know that these types of cars are less expensive than any other.I know that both tracks want this class to be on equal footing with pure stocks.I personally know these cars are not so easy to drive fast and are a challange to even the most experienced.Finally I know the best choice for one of these cars has not been established yet,this is an unexplored fronteer that remindes me of when modifieds were also unexplored and new ideas were comming weekly.SO...........

I am humbly asking you experienced racers and promoters for help to overcome the lowley image minnies have at most tracks to a level equal to a pure stock.Its a fact these cars reflect the majority of the cars we drive today.While pure stocks are very popular they unfortunately reflect the cars of yesterday.My question about this is how would you go about changing the image of minnies from a Jr class to a feature class.I really want 4 cyl racing to be just as desireable as any other class.In todays economy it makes great sence to advance this endavor.

Secondly,I sincerely seek any info about how to get experienced racers who have quit because of finances to join these ranks and add their knowlege and experience to a program that desprately needs their imput.A person who has raced a big car can make a Thunder or Compact with ease,almost during lunch but the thought is its just for kids or beginners.Actually its an open fronteer that cries out for more talent.Securing a few big names in our family can elivate the entire program.Thunder Hill did this and it helped.These dirt racers are a little more stubborn.So my question is how would you intice a V8 guy to try a 4 banger rather than just put their experience on the shelf and waste it.With their imput and the availability of todays cars plus allowing minor chassis tuning the best car has not yet been developed.Its as exciting as the early modified days and affordable as todays economy.I know many of you senior racers are very versed in promotional ideas too so please chime in.

2013 looks promising for my quest.I have raced these cars since 1969,sometimes through muddy waters but have never given up my dream that someday the 4 cyl racers will be a desired place to be.Today money is short,time is valuable and the sport needs a shot in the arm.So I intend to support both tracks with getting this rolling.Im just running out of ideas.Help,please. Thanks in advance...G.B.Carter and Thumper

Let me say first of all I'm all for building new classes to try and bring in a different demographic. Depending on opinion of whether or not mini, frontrunners, 4 cyl. classes are entry level classes or not that is where all tracks seem to have them listed. But with that said the biggest problem I see with your wanting experienced drivers to build these 4 cyl cars is that they will dominate that class purely on experience. And with these classes being very limited on engineering the car, experience will be the biggest difference from car to car. Most people wanting to get into racing start in smaller ,lower hp, low cost classes and wouldn't stand a chance against the veteran on a weekly basis. And therefore will drop out because even rookies don't like to loose or not even be able to compete regularly.

Let me say first of all I'm all for building new classes to try and bring in a different demographic. Depending on opinion of whether or not mini, frontrunners, 4 cyl. classes are entry level classes or not that is where all tracks seem to have them listed. But with that said the biggest problem I see with your wanting experienced drivers to build these 4 cyl cars is that they will dominate that class purely on experience. And with these classes being very limited on engineering the car, experience will be the biggest difference from car to car. Most people wanting to get into racing start in smaller ,lower hp, low cost classes and wouldn't stand a chance against the veteran on a weekly basis. And therefore will drop out because even rookies don't like to loose or not even be able to compete regularly.

SOME TRACKS ARE TRYING THE NON EXPERIENCED DRIVERS NOW AND THAT HAS NOT WORKED ..WHEN I GOT INTO DRIVING PART SOME 25 YEARS AGO THE GUYS WHO WERE RACING LONG BEFORE ME WERE NOT EVEN THE PROBLEM .BUT I WAS GLAD THEY WERE THERE CUZ THEY HELPED ME ALONG THE WAY .SO I NEVER BOUGHT INTO THAT IDEAL ...IN FACT IT MADE ME WANT TO RACE EM EVEN MORE LEARN AND BEAT EM ..... I SEE AND AGREE WHERE GB IS POINTING THIS ..IF YOU ARE NOT GETTING NEW DRIVERS IN BUT THE OLD DRIVERS CANT AFFORD THE UPPER CLASS BUT COULD THIS LOWER CLASS WHY NOT ....I CAN TELL YOU WHEN I DROVE THE FRONT RUNNER AT CC FOR A FEW RACES IT WAS FUN .YEP I HAVE BEEN IN MUCH FASTER CARS .BUT YOU DONT REALLY MISS THE FASTER CARS THAT MUCH ..I THINK EVERY DRIVER SHOULD DRIVE ONE AT LEAST ONCE .....I FOUND THE FUN PART WAS LEARNING WHAT YOU CAN AND CANT DO WITH ONE BUT WORK AT GETTING AS FAST AS YOU CAN . IT IS MORE OF A CHALLENGE THAN MOST WILL EVER KNOW ..

HiTec is right,to keep experience away from 4 cyl cars is a disservice to them.To keep experienced racers out of this oppourtunity is a disservice to them.Fortunately we are past that with these 2 tracks so still seeking imput for promotion.

Archived