Fiscal Cliff Agreement Saves NA$CAR $70M in Taxes

Pacecar

So its not a cash grant like General motors or Chrysler...err...Fiat but rather a deferment or acelleration of honest deductions from money earned.How can the media present this in such a negative way as to create another witch hunt after NASCAR?It sure looks like we are being played.I like NASCAR,its the top level of a sport I have made a part of my life.Lets dont be Christie and turn on our own,we will be turning on ourselves.

CHRISTIE IS JUST SPEAKING WHAT MOST THINK ABOUT THE POLITICAL SEEN ON BOTH SIDES EVEN WHEN HE IS PART OF THE PROBLEM ..HE DOES NOT PAMPER HIS REMARKS ,A REBEL AND THAT COULD BE A GOOD THING NEEDS SOMEONE TO SHAKE IT UP .I INJOY WATCHING HIM SPEAK HIS MIND EVEN WHEN HE HAS TO EAT SHOE.

How can the media present this in such a negative way as to create another witch hunt after NASCAR?

That's what the media does best. Pitch the opinion of the editor of the particular outlet as facts. Thats how advertising works as well. When I first met my wife she often said "they" would not be allowed to sell it if it wasn't _____ (fill in the blank with safe, effective, necessary etc). It took a few discussions to get her to understand - their job is to SELL it - nothing else matters. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Order now and we will double your order FREE. (which really means they are "valuing" it at two times reality in the first place) The consumers do not see this way and so it works.

Its a well known tactic - get the audience past logic and into emotion and the doors of opportunity open wider. A good friend of mine once stated - NASCAR is a HUGE waste of money. All that fuel, rubber expendables etc can be used for so many other things that it is wasting resources unlike football where all that is needed is a 25.00 ball - and the REAL star in racing is a machine not a person so it really isn't a sport.

I asked her how do the children of the mechanics, the parts suppliers, the vendors at the track and the stores along the way, the hoteliers etc feel about that come Christmas time? Sorry no job for Daddy = no presents this year kiddoes. How does that compare to High Schools that can't afford books and have very few technical training opportunities - but have a 3 million dollar football stadium? What value does football have to other things like the technology that keeps us safer on the highway? Using that logic the real star of football would be a worthless piece of leather.

About three weeks later she agreed that MAYBE it DOES have a value. But leave football alone! (true Texan). Unfortunately there are MANY who feel (since they are not interested) that racing is a waste. Christie is simply marketing his opinion (also known as request for VOTE) to that demographic!

Archived