muffler ?

dirttrackdog

we race in corpus and do not have to use mufflers. my ? is your track requires mufflers any type of muffler or does it have to be the mufflers that the sportmods use. i would like to race there a couple of times this year and i am thinking about putting mufflers on my car now. will a flowmaster muffler be ggood enough to meet your rules.

• 4 weeks later...
If you are running a Modified or Limited Modified you must run the IMCA legal muffler, Other classes can run any muffler that reduces sound level to 98 db.

SO..on a pure stock running stock manifolds....they can run ANY muffler? What if there already under 98 db without a muffler? I sure hope I read that right...cause trying to get a racing muffler to fit 2" pipe is a pain in the rear.....

SO..on a pure stock running stock manifolds....they can run ANY muffler? What if there already under 98 db without a muffler? I sure hope I read that right...cause trying to get a racing muffler to fit 2" pipe is a pain in the rear.....

AJ, with about 4 adapters you should be able to get that 5" muffler on it. :P:lol:

On our pure stock you couldn't even hear it over the ancouncer.

That's with just pipes.

On mods and sport mods mufflers do make alot of difference!

well..I do have to admit...I did add a 3 inch muffler to my pure stock a few years ago (Tricias car) for a race that required them....guess what...it got louder....the muffler acted like an echo tip...but hey...I was in compliance.....

What about electric cars? do we get a bull horn and make a motor sound with a muffler on the end of it? LMAO.. now thats funny rt there

• 4 weeks later...
well..I do have to admit...I did add a 3 inch muffler to my pure stock a few years ago (Tricias car) for a race that required them....guess what...it got louder....the muffler acted like an echo tip...but hey...I was in compliance.....

so will purestock still need mufflers to race

If you are running a Modified or Limited Modified you must run the IMCA legal muffler, Other classes can run any muffler that reduces sound level to 98 db.

A.j i've seen you fit a 1 inch nut on a 1/4 inch bolt lol

Archived