2013 Rules?

racer61

Any ideas about what the plans are for the a mods? Are outlaws gonna be allowed?

IMCA type Modified Rules, Not IMCA track for now

Imca "type" rules?

Soooo what does that mean? Is it IMCA only or what? The truth is, there is already 5 IMCA tracks within 3 hours of Austin that do NOT allow the USMTS type cars to run. It would be nice if someone would. There are atleast 4 cars that I know of that would like to run. Its not like they couldnt run with the IMCA cars. They all run the same lap times.

Imca "type" rules?

They all run the same lap times.

They do NOT run the same lap times as IMCA cars... just look at my results at the USMTS race at baytown.

They tried to make this work at edna... when they were running imca they had 12-16 modifieds showing up ($400-500 to win). When they went "outlaw" and raised the purse to $1,000 to win, one or two guys came down from houston/Corpus with their giant budgets and they were getting 4-7 modifieds when they cancelled the class.

Theres 3 USRA/ outlaw track with in 3HR 10 Mins of austin (RPM, Gator, and Battle Ground)

If you dont wanna drive that far, just switch the car to IMCA

Jamie is correct, there is just too many advantages to the outlaw cars especially on a big track, if it was a tight bull ring like Killeen that is super dry slick then it evens the playing field. Last I heard they were not imca, don't forget tts is if you want the points, I'm looking forward to making a few shows at CBS this year.

Joe

Before I spend a lot of time and money building a legal imca sport mod motor it would be nice to know the rules .. I would hope they were imca but the sport mods I saw run there had long tube headers .non legal intakes and carbs etc... Just need to know what the rules are gonna be so I don't have to go back and upgrade later because they are allowing more open motors to compete

Imca "type" rules?

They all run the same lap times.

They do NOT run the same lap times as IMCA cars... just look at my results at the USMTS race at baytown.

They tried to make this work at edna... when they were running imca they had 12-16 modifieds showing up ($400-500 to win). When they went "outlaw" and raised the purse to $1,000 to win, one or two guys came down from houston/Corpus with their giant budgets and they were getting 4-7 modifieds when they cancelled the class.

Theres 3 USRA/ outlaw track with in 3HR 10 Mins of austin (RPM, Gator, and Battle Ground)

If you dont wanna drive that far, just switch the car to IMCA

My apologies, i guess the IMCA is the way to go then. Wish CBS the best of luck.

Before I spend a lot of time and money building a legal imca sport mod motor it would be nice to know the rules .. I would hope they were imca but the sport mods I saw run there had long tube headers .non legal intakes and carbs etc... Just need to know what the rules are gonna be so I don't have to go back and upgrade later because they are allowing more open motors to compete

what kind of "non legal" intakes did you see?

Cory,

Isn't your car IMCA legal? You ran with us at I-37, that's a IMCA track..

That's good they're keeping it IMCA, ill bring my car out some when I'm finished with it.. Don't forget, Baytown is going back to weekly racing as well with outlaw (usra) rules so I doubt any Houston guys would make the big drive up on a regular basis with 3 tracks to run at there.. Keep it IMCA and I just do not see why not run on Friday night? If y'all have your reasons I totally understand but you guys would most likely get a IMCA sanction cause you wouldn't be competing with TTS and I know for a fact you would get a car count.. The guys who didn't want to make the trip to Waco would come. Then they could run TTS or I-37 Saturday.. Just a opinion that I'm sure y'all have already heard.

Either way, I'm sure ill be there a couple times.

Cory,

Isn't your car IMCA legal? You ran with us at I-37, that's a IMCA track..

That's good they're keeping it IMCA, ill bring my car out some when I'm finished with it.. Don't forget, Baytown is going back to weekly racing as well with outlaw (usra) rules so I doubt any Houston guys would make the big drive up on a regular basis with 3 tracks to run at there.. Keep it IMCA and I just do not see why not run on Friday night? If y'all have your reasons I totally understand but you guys would most likely get a IMCA sanction cause you wouldn't be competing with TTS and I know for a fact you would get a car count.. The guys who didn't want to make the trip to Waco would come. Then they could run TTS or I-37 Saturday.. Just a opinion that I'm sure y'all have already heard.

Either way, I'm sure ill be there a couple times.

The car is IMCA legal. Well, close. Just a few small things to change. But my only motor is an alum headed roller. I really dont have the money to sink into another motor. I explained to I37 that I was new to dirt and what I had. They allowed me to come run knowing I would not win or even finish in the front.

This motor was built under the impression that the outlaw cars would still be racing. By the time the motor was finished, Edna cancelled its mod class and nothing else is within a reasonable tow for a weekly show.

More than likely since Im in the process of completely rebuilding my car, I will probably put it up for sale once its done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i keep seeing imca type rules all over the internet but then i hear guys say that they have talked to danny and he ok with non imca headers with mufflers, ok with non imca wheels and tires etc. i think yall need to get together and make these rules clear. too much he said this and he said that. there are going to be guys show up with all imca legal cars and some that dont and thats going to cause conflict im sure. just going off what ive been hearing. this is for the limited/sport mod class.

Here is what's gonna happen... Someone is gonna show up with something like non-IMCA headers or something tiny run good and they will try and DQ them but won't be able to because there was never a 100% clear release of rules! I hope this don't happen and I hope Cottonbowl bring their A game because they have the potential to be really good! I guess we will see!

Here is what's gonna happen... Someone is gonna show up with something like non-IMCA headers or something tiny run good and they will try and DQ them but won't be able to because there was never a 100% clear release of rules! I hope this don't happen and I hope Cottonbowl bring their A game because they have the potential to be really good! I guess we will see!

The rules are imca rules. only differences are the wheels, tires, and upper control arms do not have to be stamped. They do have to meet the rule requirements other than the stickers.

Rules for All Classes for 2013 are posted on www.cottonbowlspeedway.com

Archived