Tim Sowell / Freeman Autosports release

For Immediate Release -- September 15, 2004

Local Hot Shoe Gets Chance to Be A Shinning Star With All Stars

For former racer Tim Sowell, racing is something that is always on his mind. In fact, it is a major part of his life. Tim works at the Extreme Machine and Performance shop in Georgetown, Texas, just north of Austin. In addition to helping customers find the right performance edge for their engines, he gets to help out and work on all different types of racecars. His main priority is being crew chief for the #27 Extreme Machine Late Model of driver Michael Jones. On Saturday night September 25th Tim will have another duty in the pits. The former Lockhart resident gets set to return to the driver’s seat after a 4-year hiatus. Tim will be teaming up with the Freeman MotorSports team out of Austin, Texas to drive the team’s # 42 All Star Race Truck Series (ARTS) Chevrolet Truck at Thunderhill Raceway in Kyle, Texas. The ARTS race will be part of the annual event know as the Texas Stock Car Spectacular. Tim, a former hobby stock class standout at Austin’s Longhorn Speedway, will get a chance to showcase his talent while competing with one of the best touring series in the state. Tim and Freeman MotorSports are proud to have the additional support of the following companies: Matco Tools, CarQuest Auto Parts, Alexander Roofing & Restoration, MCG Graphics, Race Precision, Justice Brothers Car Care Products, and Extreme Machine and Performance.

Tim stated in excitement, “It is going to be a blast to get back in a race car. I know a lot of y’all have been wanting and waiting for me to get back in a car, so now I am. Only because of Tommy and Josh (Freeman)! Thank y’all very much.”

Texas’ most prominent stock car racing teams will compete at the 3/8th mile track the weekend of the Stock Car Spectacular. Driving for Freeman MotorSports, Tim Sowell has the opportunity to become a race winner once more. It is also a chance to prove to all the other teams that he can be a shinning star amongst the All Stars.

For more information on the ARTS touring series please visit www.roysecityracing.com .

For more information on the Texas Stock Car Spectacular please visit the newly update Thunderhill Raceway web page at www.thunderhillraceway.com .

Tim must have a great publicist to make him look that good. Just kidding!!! I hope Tim does well. Tim if you need anything else email me bud.

Archived